Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie with good tech knowledge seeks help re. torrents, private tracker sites, vpn's

Options
  • 27-06-2015 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

As stated above in the title, I am a newbie to this side of things but i do have a good tech knowledge! I am with eircom isp with approx. 8mb down but 0.5 upwards! I recently got invited to a private torrent site which requires a healthy ratio! It was here that I read up on seedboxes! Do I need a good VPN for overall data encryption including surfing, downloading from a variety of free torrent sites as well as others including genuine download sites. Do I need a good VPN to cover general data and a good seedbank to keep my private torrent ratio healthy! I am on a tight budget also? Finally can anyone recommend a VPN and also a seedbox preferably that they have experience with and if my location in Ireland is not a problem or catered for? Thanks to all who read and comment on this post!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

Spydah wrote: »
    As stated above in the title, I am a newbie to this side of things but i do have a good tech knowledge! I am with eircom isp with approx. 8mb down but 0.5 upwards! I recently got invited to a private torrent site which requires a healthy ratio! It was here that I read up on seedboxes! Do I need a good VPN for overall data encryption including surfing, downloading from a variety of free torrent sites as well as others including genuine download sites. Do I need a good VPN to cover general data and a good seedbank to keep my private torrent ratio healthy! I am on a tight budget also? Finally can anyone recommend a VPN and also a seedbox preferably that they have experience with and if my location in Ireland is not a problem or catered for? Thanks to all who read and comment on this post!

Hi Spydah,

I have to be careful what I say but as there's nothing illegal in itself about joining a private torrent site or using a seedbox I'd be happy to advise you.

As I am sure you're aware it's not compulsory to use a VPN to access a seedbox but if you want to reduce the chance people can snoop on your connection it's a good idea.

Personally I use whatbox (https://whatbox.ca/) who offer a very good package for around 14 Euros a month where you get around 160B of disk space and unlimited uploads (helps to maintain that ratio!). See https://whatbox.ca/plans for details of plans.

They also offer a free VPN service, which with my package is based in the Netherlands, which has strong privacy laws.

Hope this helps, PM me if you want more info.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Lads, it's clear that this is for copyright infringement. Let's not kid ourselves. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement