Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krakow

Options
  • 30-06-2015 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

In Kraków for a couple of days solo travelling, going to see Schindler's factory, the salt mines. Any other recommendations in terms of eating & drinking or where other travellers might be found given I'm on my Tod here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭voretzky

In terms of food you might want to check Restauracja Pod Wawelem - Kompania Kuflowa, for a quick bite check out "zapiekanki" (baguettes with choice of toppings) - Plac Nowy in Kazimierz district is famous for them. You'll also find a good choice of bars around Plac Nowy.

If you don't want to leave the Main Market square area, there's also plenty places there to get drinks and meet people, especially around Florianska and Slawkowska streets.

It really depends on exactly what sort of activities / places you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I went to Auschwitz & would really recommend it
    Salt mines are enjoyable
    Cheap food & cheap beer - nice!
    Nice small town with a square & nice to relax in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go see the market north of the Main walls - near the Barbican - Stary Kleparz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Stay in a good hostel and you'll meet loads of folks and do pub crawls every evening. I highly recommend Mosquito hostel. I stayed here on my first solo trip and had a really great time.

Advertisement