Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetroom former and tile adhesive query

Options
  • 24-02-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Still trying to get some info towards my bathroom renovation,

first of all I need to get a wetroom former. Area for the floor of shower is 92cm x 80cm so was looking at a former today (just price) of a 100cm x 100cm

Price I was given was 390 eur ex vat.

The guy I'm using to do the job said I just need to get something bigger than the shower floor area and he can cut it to size. No experience with these so is this true? He also said I could possibly get it cheaper than that at around 350eur. Any thoughts?

I also got a price for adhesive. Got quoted for 2 different types of adhesive.
    Floor is Evo Stik Technic Rapid Set Flex White 20kg bag for 22eur ex vat
    Wall is Evo Stik Technic OPF White 20kg bags for also 22eur ex vat

Is this good adhesive? I'm putting up porcelain tiles 30cm x 60cm so want to make sure they stay on.

For the 20kg bags, roughly how much area would a bag cover?

Also what are peoples opinions on prices?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

You can cut most formers by 30mm on each side.
    There are a good few makers of them check impey,easa,
    Neptune

• Registered Users Posts: 15 master of all

Wow that some price for flex adhesive!
    The most I pay for it is 0.8 eurs per kg, thats for deformable one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Still trying to get some info towards my bathroom renovation,

first of all I need to get a wetroom former. Area for the floor of shower is 92cm x 80cm so was looking at a former today (just price) of a 100cm x 100cm

Price I was given was 390 eur ex vat.

The guy I'm using to do the job said I just need to get something bigger than the shower floor area and he can cut it to size. No experience with these so is this true? He also said I could possibly get it cheaper than that at around 350eur. Any thoughts?

I also got a price for adhesive. Got quoted for 2 different types of adhesive.
    Floor is Evo Stik Technic Rapid Set Flex White 20kg bag for 22eur ex vat
    Wall is Evo Stik Technic OPF White 20kg bags for also 22eur ex vat

Is this good adhesive? I'm putting up porcelain tiles 30cm x 60cm so want to make sure they stay on.

For the 20kg bags, roughly how much area would a bag cover?

Also what are peoples opinions on prices?

Thanks

Who gave you the price for the Rapidset ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

im in the process of doing a wet room in my ensuite second floor. after a lot of research i chose a 1200 by 1200 marmox showerlay former tray. I got the tray and the drain for 300 sterling delivered to my home in dublin. So far I'm happy enough the tray can be cut to fit with a skillsaw and the drain set up is really straight forward.

Advertisement