Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wordpress - Contact Form 7

Options
  • 09-01-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi there,

Does anybody know how to format the date output (in the "mail" section of the admin page of Contact Form 7) nicely, such as with the date() function in PHP?

On the "Date" page of the CF7 documentation it mentions something along those lines. Unfortunately it's not accessible at the moment, but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any wise words to offer.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Link to the relevant CF7 page: http://contactform7.com/date-field/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

What have you tried and what ends up in your emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

I've tried a few things (and in both the "form" and "message body" fields). My date field is called date-940 btw.
    [_format_date-940 "D, d M y"]
    [date-940 "D, d M y"]

Neither of these get parsed by the plugin, and end up displaying in the email exactly as they're written in the admin forms. Any ideas?

It worked for me.

My form has:
    [HTML]<p>Date<br />
    [date date-204 min:2013-01-01 max:2014-12-31 step:2]</p>[/HTML]
    and the email template has:
    [HTML]Date: [date-204]
    Formatted date: [_format_date-204 "D, d M y"][/HTML]

On the form I entered the date: 2014-02-07

and my email had:
    [HTML]Date: 2014-02-07
    Formatted date: Fri, 07 Feb 14[/HTML]

Entering the date in that format is not intuitive - the field should use jQuery UI Datepicker. I am sure that someone could write an addon plugin to trigger the datapicker on input.wpcf7-date.

Hi daymobrew,

Thanks a million for taking the time to reply. I've directly copied the code you've pasted, and it still doesn't work.

I'm using a plugin called "Contact Form 7 Datepicker" which may be causing an issue. Are you using an un-altered version of CF7?

Thanks again for your help!

I've just disabled that plugin, and still having issues. The field forces me to enter a date in the format dd/mm/yyyy whereas your above example seems to be a bit different. Any thoughts?

Thanks again

• Advertisement

I am using Contact Form 7 version 3.6. It is not modified in any way.

If you'd be okay with giving me an Editor account on your site I can have a look.

Daymobrew,

Just updated the plugin and it's working now. Thanks very much for your help :)

Cheers!

Advertisement