Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make an updatable news section

Options
  • 18-08-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm a bit of a noob in this area and have been trying to put together a site for my brother's band (i have it live for testing off my own site here)
    Basically what i'm wondering is if there's any easy way to setup some sort of news editor type thing for the "news" page where members of the band could log in and update it?
    Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

CushyCMS
    OpenCMS
    etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

CushyCMS is not good for this I'm afraid. They don't allow new pages to be added through their interface, and they don't have the ability to provide a repeatable layout for news items. It's really a content editor, not a content management system, and they're not too quick at implementing changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Joomla?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

Joomla, Drupal...

or, you could set up a blog like Wordpress. New news would simply be new blog posts. It also allows you to add pages - so you could set up biog, discography, etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Thanks for the replies guys, i was looking at joomla and wordpress, and there's just one or two things that are confusing me.
    If i choose to use wordpress would i essentially have to build the whole site out of wordpress or would it be possible to just add a box with the wordpress blog under this menu bar here for example while keeping the rest of the site the way it is?
    http://www.brayweather.com/distrib/news.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement