Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

28mobile.com

Options
  • 22-07-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone has ordered a phone from 28mobile.com Lots of reviewers on YouTube seem to use them and are very satisfied. More importantly has any one ordered from them and had to pay import duties or not. Would be really cheap if it got through customs. Still okay prices even if they are caught for tax though.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

JoeJoe79 wrote: »
    Hi all

Was wondering if anyone has ordered a phone from 28mobile.com Lots of reviewers on YouTube seem to use them and are very satisfied. More importantly has any one ordered from them and had to pay import duties or not. Would be really cheap if it got through customs. Still okay prices even if they are caught for tax though.

Thanks in advance

Never heard of them, Hong Kong based, like hundreds/thousands more....

For the craic, I signed up, choose to buy a Google Chromecast, advertised at €30....

but they charge a minimum of €13 for Standard dispatch :eek:

http://28mobile.com/Home/Page/34
    Standard 48hours dispatch attract a $150HKD delivery charge
    ....(actually that works out at over €14, and they get paid in HKD!!)

Which would make a CC cost €45'ish, more than from Amazon, (£30/€38...free delivery to Ireland)

and no guarantee regarding customs whatsoever, as they ship from Hong Kong.....

I would avoid them like the proverbial plague!!!!

If you wanna buy from China, there are many more reputable sellers, but you must always be careful, if anything goes wrong, even the "reputable" sellers are very difficult to deal with, particularly on Ali Express, getting money refunded is a challenging experience, even if you never receive the goods, AE always come down on the side of their sellers.....

not at all like eBay, with buyer protection, and Paypal, or best of all, Amazon, who are extremely good, even paying for return postage, etc.

I was going to recommend good China sellers, but I won't, as I have had problems with a few, all reputable, and can't really recommend any, in conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JoeJoe79

Lots of reputable youtube reviewers seem to use them anyway and don't report any problems like Erica Griffin and Danny Winget so they seem to have so track record...then again they have thousands of subscribers so could be a good way to get free advertising.

Thanks for taking the plunge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

JoeJoe79 wrote: »
    Lots of reputable youtube reviewers seem to use them anyway and don't report any problems like Erica Griffin and Danny Winget so they seem to have so track record...then again they have thousands of subscribers so could be a good way to get free advertising.

Thanks for taking the plunge :D

OK boss :)

BTW, I'm not saying anything about how reputable or not they are at all.

It's just that they don't appear to be particularly cheaper, or better value, than Amazon for instance, I gave the example above.

Now that was for a fairly cheap item, but their postage was equivalent to 50% of the value of the item, Chromecast.

As I said before, I bought several items from Chinese Stores, and almost every one had problems, which were difficult to resolve, particularly Ali Express.

Of course, this Store is not affiliated there, so it may be different.

I also dealt with Hongkongeeks, and found them to be difficult also, despite the guarantees they give, like No VAT, No Customs, Easy return, etc, etc.

They sent me an item which was not the one I ordered, it had less RAM than that advertised, but I had to go round the houses, raise a Paypal dispute, and eventually accept a discount voucher from them, as returning the item to HK was made very difficult.

I bought one more item , to use up the voucher, but will never deal there again.

I think you should check out 28mobile's return policy...AFAICS, they expect you to pay for postage back to them!!!!

This is in stark contrast to my experience with Amazon, even their Marketplace sellers, they will refund, no quibble, usually, and returns due to faults will be covered for postage.

If you deal with this crowd, do let us know how you get on.

Best of luck.

Edit: I see Erica Griffin is supplied by 28?? not exactly objective, IMO. (It looks like she shills for them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ghostlydragon

hi all

must admit very nervous now,i ordered a galaxy s5 prime from 28mobile,crapping myself over vat,saw the price,paid for it,duty or customs or delivery cost didn't enter my thick head,it's the first time I have bought anything like this from hong kong,have done live chat with them and found them very friendly and keen to help,so very satisfied in that department,ordered it Friday morning,spoke to them today and they said it's lined up for shipping and once shipped would take about 2 days to arrive to uk,will let you know how I get on

The very one I was looking to order. Thanks for taking the plunge : S

• Advertisement

well had my tracking number sent,so it's on the move,travel history 3 entries,destination (my home) on the 31/07/2014,but has got to go through customs and hit uk yet,will keep you posted :-)

Today is the day we find out about the VAT hopefully : D!

now the proud owner of a lovely red s5 prime,woo hoo,comes with 2 batteries and a white charger for second battery,arrived this morning at 10.00am,the value was put at £280 as requested by me, but they also marked it as a gift on the invoice,no idea about vat,paid £516 for phone and that's it,they said postage was 20 usd so can only assume that was in the price,have not had to pay any more money at all,was delivered by fedex and I tracked it every step of the way with the fedex app,hong kong to japan to france to Newcastle to my house,yeay one very happy bunny,just remember you will need a uk plug as it comes with a two pin,

in short s5 prime delivered in 6 days £516 total well done 28mobile and fedex

Got an invite for a OnePlus One last week and is due tomorrow. 64GB Sandstone Black for 330 euro : O money saved : ). Thanks for letting me know your experience with 28mobile.com

update,got an invoice from fedex for the VAT,phone value £280 invoice £66.81 that's vat £56.06 and £10.75 advancement fee,at least we know how it works now.

• Advertisement

update,got an invoice from fedex for the VAT,phone value £280 invoice £66.81 that's vat £56.06 and £10.75 advancement fee,at least we know how it works now.

I'll know for the future. Might have a friend order from there and see what happens. I recently got an invite for a OnePlus One so ordered that. Absolutely no regrets : D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 al7iss

Hi JoeJoe79, I was wondering if you had an extra invite for a One plus one to give away?

Thanks

Advertisement