Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G3 Availability in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Briksins

They already did for Asia region, phone called "Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A Cat 6"
    It has new LTA Qualcomm chip to support mega fast Asin LTE networks up to 300mb/sec
    For this purpose CPU was also replaced from Snapdragon 801 to 805 (the latest)
    RAM updated from 2GB to 3GB and also screen was replaced on UHD like in LG G3

They planning to bring this phone to the Europe in September to compete better with LG G3 and new (unannounced yet) iPhone 6

The price more likly will be also like G3 ~600€

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yup think il wait a month or two to see whats what (normally wouldnt as everything advances so quickly its pointless) but 500-600 is a lot to spend on a phone and if i get the best of the best id hope for it to last 2-3 years.
    problem is this new s5 will probably not get an irish release similar to the g3
    out of interest what specs is the iphone 6 coming out with?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Briksins

have no idea about iPhone 6, im not apple fan :)
    I was using iPhone, but onc switched to Android and realise how much i was in jail with Apple products I will never go back to Apple :)

From the Developer perspective - Apple is amazing platform to develop to, as even there are less apple products in the world comparing to Android it generate twice more revenue that Android. So it is very rewardable to develop for Apple
    But from User perspective - you have to pay and pay a lot for each single step, each single move and god help you if you want to pirat something. if in Android you just set tick in settings to allow install external *.apk files, wiht Apple u have to go trough all the pain of Jailbreak, which is not single task to complete, but require repeat on each update.
    Been there, seen that! no F. way im going back there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

oh ive no interest in buying an iphone 6 (hate apple with a passion) just wondering if they will release the highest speced phone to date

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭aldeniro

Hi,
    I just got the G3, im with Meteor and 4g not on monthly package, options showing for me are GSM / WCDMA and WCDMA only - there is no lte option so is this down to my provider i.e. if i had 4g on my meteor package then would it be added to the above 3 connection options??

qezep wrote: »
    The connection options on mine are GSM / WCDMA and WCDMA only. To turn on LTE you have to dial 3845#*855# and you have more options there. Yours might be different.

Its not that big a deal. The phone is perfect other than that. Its better than having bits of the UI hang around when theyre not supposed to (right 1+1 users? :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

aldeniro wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just got the G3, im with Meteor and 4g not on monthly package, options showing for me are GSM / WCDMA and WCDMA only - there is no lte option so is this down to my provider i.e. if i had 4g on my meteor package then would it be added to the above 3 connection options??

Where did you get it? It could be the case yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Hi,

Where did you get it? It could be the case yes

Pixmania

• Registered Users Posts: 49 qezep

Hi,

Hard to say. I have 4G on three and its not in my options list. If you add 4G to your package and it isn't added to the list you can probably still use 4G by dialing *#*#4636#*#*

It would be worth dialing that before just to see if you can sneak it on! I really doubt it but you'd never konw. The option is in Phone information after you dial that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

as far as i know that dosent stick in the settings on the phone and the only way to gedt 4g all time is using the 4g switcher app and that resets every reboot of the phone

also its not carrier problem i dont think as i had 4g on the G Flex with out any of this ****ing nonsence its just LG's one and only flaw that i can see

• Advertisement

searched for any s/w updates on Fri, took one and it mentioned one of its purposes was battery performance upgrade - SAVAGE performance since. Unplugged from wall friday evening at 4pm, now 00:01 Sunday morning and its 74%!
    In fairness I did mild surfing, couple of clips on facebook, alarm clock overnight and set screen brightness to 41% .

This is deliberate testing just to see how much "average wear and usage" gets the battery by - Excellent so far.

Before s/w upgrade it was pretty poor i.e. <1 day charge

moggser wrote: »
    as far as i know that dosent stick in the settings on the phone and the only way to gedt 4g all time is using the 4g switcher app and that resets every reboot of the phone

also its not carrier problem i dont think as i had 4g on the G Flex with out any of this ****ing nonsence its just LG's one and only flaw that i can see

I managed to get LTE in my preferred network options. I had to change ro.telephony.default_network parameter in build.prop from 9 to 13. Had to root the phone to do it :D

Wasn't gonna bother rooting all tho I might wanna break the internet later :)....

Now I was wondering cause this is doin me head in I must of changed it unknown to my self. The task manager Windows ya know it when ya double tap the other menu key and it brings it up....well it used to have all the running apps side by side all in squares now they all in a line....how do I change it

Wasn't gonna bother rooting all tho I might wanna break the internet later :)....

Now I was wondering cause this is doin me head in I must of changed it unknown to my self. The task manager Windows ya know it when ya double tap the other menu key and it brings it up....well it used to have all the running apps side by side all in squares now they all in a line....how do I change it

Gave it a google there! Apparently its pinch to zoom

Fair ****in play cheers was annoying me and never tried that

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dilljen

Moggser, how do you find the LG G3 having had it for a while now? Also, did you have any problems with ordering from Eglobal?

None to report what so ever .. eglobal either didnt have any bad experience with them have and will order again from em..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dilljen

Thanks moggser, think its now time to bite the bullet and go for the lg g3. Was going to try the oneplusone but think that lg is a much better phone

you wont regret it all to be honest.....

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pokeraladin

Ya I'm going to order the 32 lg g3 from global..3gig ram 460 euro...good price...what a phone can't wait...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Im thinking about getting this as its €449 now from eglobal you cant go wrong with that,just one thing stopping me buying it right now is the lack of 4g connection is this a problem that can be fixed without rooting the phone?

just get the 4g app switcher from the play store and away ya go :)

just get the 4g app switcher from the play store and away ya go :)

How does that app work ?

it in a nut shell brings you in to the hidden menu of the phone to toggle the network variants for 4g capability's....now in saying that you HAVE to do this everytime you reboot the phone :)

it in a nut shell brings you in to the hidden menu of the phone to toggle the network variants for 4g capability's....now in saying that you HAVE to do this everytime you reboot the phone :)

Thanks,im probably going to buy it tomorrow how long did your one take from eglobal?

Depends really... once shipped near enough next day thats no joke...3 days max tho

Depends really... once shipped near enough next day thats no joke...3 days max tho

Which delivery option did you use?,its €17.99 for 3-5 day delivery

I got free delivery with all my orders once its over 50 euro its free ,mail.em and ask

I got free delivery with all my orders once its over 50 euro its free ,mail.em and ask

Its giving me 4 delivery options the first is free if its over €50 but thats 6-8 days

Economy Express Shipping (6-8 working days delivery) - Free shipping
    Insured Economy Express Shipping (6-8 working days delivery) - 9.00 €
    Priority Express Shipping (3-5 working days delivery) - 17.99 €
    Insured Priority Express Shipping (3-5 working days delivery) - 26.99 €

• Advertisement

Economic express go for ... tales fee days to process but as i said when it ships it arrives quick.you be mad to pay for basically same service

Advertisement