Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Definitely going to pick up one of these on the basis of this and other reviews. Glowing praise so far. If anyone gets an invite be sure to share here ;-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

sham69 wrote: »
    I wonder if we will get it over here or have to order from UK or something.

You'll need to order it from the OnePlus site itself selecting the UK and using Parcel Motel for delivery to Ireland. This section of the site isn't set up yet and the first lots will require an invite.

First run of phones will NOT have band 20 which some carriers here use for 4G, so check that first. AFAIK it won't affect the Three network but may do some of the others.

Will see if I can arrange some invites for Boardsies, but don't hold me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Austin1

Blade wrote: »
    You'll need to order it from the OnePlus site itself selecting the UK and using Parcel Motel for delivery to Ireland. This section of the site isn't set up yet and the first lots will require an invite.

First run of phones will NOT have band 20 which some carriers here use for 4G, so check that first. AFAIK it won't affect the Three network but may do some of the others.

Will see if I can arrange some invites for Boardsies, but don't hold me to it!

I would definitely be interested in an invite!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I think it won't support Vodafone on 4G, for the time being anyway.
    Some good discussion on this thread about bands as well: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057195395

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Been watching this phone release unfold closely in the hope of getting one when they finally start to ship them. Seems to tick all the right boxes.
    I don't mind the invite system they are doing once it's not completely impossible to get them, which is my worry as demand seems really high!

Boards invites would be cool!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

looks great. not willing to jump through hoops though. had enough of that with nexus 4 and 5. pity the 64 doesnt come in white. why would anyone order the 16?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

emo72 wrote: »
    looks great. not willing to jump through hoops though. had enough of that with nexus 4 and 5. pity the 64 doesnt come in white. why would anyone order the 16?

16 is fine for me, I've lots of space left on my nexus 5, I mostly use the cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Was interested in this as it seems fantastic value but I think it'll be too big compared to my Nexus 5.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Unfortunately even if I can arrange some invites there would still be a few hoops to jump through. You can change the covers, there's some nice custom ones available and I'm sure more 3rd party ones will appear later. They are pushing production now more towards the 64 as they realise the demand for the 16 is low. Even if you think 16 will do you, I still think you should wait for the 64 as it will have a better re-sale value should you ever decide to sell it. Plus don't forget it can record up to 4K video which will take up a load of space!

• Advertisement

Question! when these are available, will we be buying them from china? therefore liable for taxes and duties and whatnot?

Question! when these are available, will we be buying them from china? therefore liable for taxes and duties and whatnot?

I don't think so. I'd imagine they'll be delivered via a European warehouse to avoid additional charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm tempted to get rid of my Nexus 5 for this....

Hmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Looks interesting alright, would like to see how it performs overall when its been out for a while. Not sure if I want to give up on the Nexus line just yet.

Looks interesting alright, would like to see how it performs overall when its been out for a while. Not sure if I want to give up on the Nexus line just yet.

Google has, project silver will replace Nexus line
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/29/5664702/google-nexus-to-be-replaced-by-android-silver

yeah, that doesnt really suit me. nothings confirmed though? i think the one plus will be half the price of those high end phones, and in fairness my nexus was creeping up in price. 350 sterling delivered.

yeah, that doesnt really suit me. nothings confirmed though? i think the one plus will be half the price of those high end phones, and in fairness my nexus was creeping up in price. 350 sterling delivered.

~Why would you buy in the UK, €350 plus postage in the Irish store, it is now available here

~Why would you buy in the UK, €350 plus postage in the Irish store, it is now available here

i have the 32 gig. is it 350 for the 32 on the irish store?

i have the 32 gig. is it 350 for the 32 on the irish store?

No, the 32GB is €399 which works out at £325 sterling, Irish store is cheaper for both

No, the 32GB is €399 which works out at £325 sterling, Irish store is cheaper for both

yeah, i got the 32 on day of release. early adapter tax:D. great that they're finally selling them over here. it would suck if they stop the cheap nexus devices after we get the google store:mad:

its a good consolation that the likes of oneplus are selling phones like this though. it looks brilliant. i would buy one.

• Advertisement

I'm definitely going to pick up the 64gb version of this as soon as I can get my hands on it!

I like my Galaxy S4, really I do. It's an excellent phone. It's just too good, I miss tinkering with my old Galaxy S1, trying to eek just a little more performance & functionality out of it. I know I could install custom firmware on the S4, but I haven't really felt the need. I just don't see myself sticking with it for another 2+ years, so it's probably best to unload it now while it's still worth something. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone know what the best way to get invites will be?

I've become a member on http://oneplus.net/ . Hope that helps.

EDIT:
    Just found this: http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/2014-q2-production-update-updated-may-6.6854/
    Later in June - Increased general availability, people who want it should be able to get an invite without much trouble in June

That's not too bad a wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

If someone could arrange an invite I would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

If someone could arrange an invite I would really appreciate it.

Same here. Really like to try them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Duplicate threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Same here. Really like to try them out.

might have to form an orderly que!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Mr.S wrote: »
    If anyone has an invite i'd be much obliged ^_^

Ditto'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Mr.S wrote: »
    If anyone has an invite i'd be much obliged ^_^

As above :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Yes please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Starting to feel like the Gmail invite type of marketing. Make it hard to get and the masses will end up trying to get it.

Good ploy.

Advertisement