Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Watch The Game On Sky+!

• 22-05-2008 1:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

Fuppin hell, RTE you fcuk wits! Did anyone else watch the game delayed on Sky+?

Long and short of it, RTE didn't update their EPG info (most broadcasters do) when the game went into extra time, so the recording stopped just as Anderson was walking up for his pen!

BBC, Sky, ITV, they all update the EPG info if a game goes into extra time so that the aforementioned doesn't occurs, but the geniuses at RTE are too busy licking Pat Kenny's gouche.

After all the drama and tension of the night, I was reduced to teletext for the result, boo-fcuking-urns.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ouch man. Hate that. Maybe you should write to RTE about it. See if they have anything to say for themselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ouch man. Hate that. Maybe you should write to RTE about it. See if they have anything to say for themselves!

Sure I would only get the usual generic drivel 'We appreciate you writing........we are currently looking into it...........yada yada yada'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I would be pissed if I was in your shoes! Typical RTE though ain't it!

Why were u watchin on RTE anyway? dimwits! I wacthed the 90 on sky, and switched to lucky ITV after that! LOVE Clive Tyldsley!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Why were u watchin on RTE anyway? dimwits! I wacthed the 90 on sky, and switched to lucky ITV after that! LOVE Clive Tyldsley!

I don't think there's ever been a more biased commentator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

1 word - Andy Gray

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    1 word - Andy Gray

That's two words :pac:

Anyway, Gray is a pundit not a commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Xavi6 wrote: »

He's both really

commentates every week for Sky

I don't think there's ever been a more biased commentator

There really hasnt. Thats what i love about him, he;s a good commentator in that he knwos how to do it. Its like watching MUTV only with professionals!

He's both. He commentates on EVERY big game on Sky (which is every week cos Sky build up whatevers on Super Sunday as the biggest event ever - how many grand slam sundays did they have this year..kinda made me sick that they have that power)

Gray commentated tonight. i consider him a commentator (with a pro Pool and chslea bias) and a pundit (who relies too much on technology to the poitn where I really dont care that if u slow it down to super-bitchin-slow-mo u can see the guy scratched his arse with the wrong hand at the end of the day...joke.

• Advertisement

Well I was stuck listening to David Basheer. Banging my head of the wall. He called Makalele Ballack FFS!

Well I was stuck listening to David Basheer. Banging my head of the wall. He called Makalele Ballack FFS!

But Ballack is.... number 13 and Makelele is.... number 4.....

How?!

I just love tyldsley cos of the "Solksjaer has won it" line. Its etched into my memory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Alan Green is another commentator I cant stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

There really hasnt. Thats what i love about him, he;s a good commentator in that he knwos how to do it. Its like watching MUTV only with professionals!

As a Liverpool supporter i cant fricking stand Clive tyldsley. man he is such an ass, he will replace his "that fateful night in Barcelona" with some reference about Moscow now for the next 10 years.
    But hey, deep down we would all love his or Andy Grays job, getting paid to watch football, regardless of who hates you must be good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

I'd have preferred to watch the game on RTE, but had to switch over after about 20 mins to ITV.
    George Hamilton does my head in with his "free in"'s and "lead goal"'s & his general lack of knowledge & ability to convey, let alone create, excitement.

Houghton would make a manic depressive sound optimistic, always talks in negatives & has a voice to match.

You know what you'll get with Clive Tilsley on ITV, flaws & all. Who was his co-commentator last night? He was kinda annoying too!

I believe it was David Pleat. If there could ever be an award for most pointless pundit ever he'd be a serious contender. Bores the arse off me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kmart6 wrote: »
    Typical RTE though ain't it!

Same thing happened with Sky and ITV last night. So it wasn't just RTÉ.

Advertisement