Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Eircom League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'll be back in Ireland for the Athlone game, which should be sweet if we thump Monaghan on Tuesday! Brilliant result last night, made even better by Dundalk's failure to turn over Monaghan. Who said Dundalk aren't a one man team? ;)

Just making sure you know it's on the Sunday now? 3 p.m. kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

SantryRed wrote: »
    Just making sure you know it's on the Sunday now? 3 p.m. kick off.
    Yeah, aware of that. Thanks though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yeah, aware of that. Thanks though! :)

And if you're planning on getting Tosh Travel it's leaving at 11am afaik.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

gimmick wrote: »
    Yes you do. Thats the magic of the cup.
    Eh? This is a league game!
    Our guys will want to win it, but beating Matthews' Cork won't be the highlight of the season, I'm sure.

PDN wrote: »
    He was already on a yellow card when he blatantly stamped on Shane Robinson under the linesman's nose.
    Good enough for Robinson. He's in no position to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

SectionF wrote: »
    Eh? This is a league game!
    Our guys will want to win it, but beating Matthews' Cork won't be the highlight of the season, I'm sure.

It will feel like it for Bohs. Its a big thing for them having a real BIG club visit them. I'm sure your lads will give it their all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Looking at the league table its actually Corks cup final, lose this and the title challenge is practically dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We went 352 last night and Partridge and O Cearuil fit to play now.

Ominous :D

..........................Ryan

...............Joe Paisley The Beast

Lynch.......................................Byrne
    .............Fahey Dempsey Kirby

.................O Neil Quigley.

sexy football :pac:

Pats fans vs Rovers fans 7pm Iveagh grounds morrow evening.

kdjac

bohsman wrote: »
    Looking at the league table its actually Corks cup final, lose this and the title challenge is practically dead.

We were never going to mount a title challenge, nor will we ever with Mathews at the helm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Another good win for Sligo tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Another good win for Waterford tonight as well...

2-0 Away to Longford.....First Division table is very tight at the top now.
    All played 11 games, Shels and Dundalk level on goal difference, with the Blues 1 point behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I never seem to consider Waterford in the titlerace even though they're so close, weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

DSB wrote: »
    I never seem to consider Waterford in the titlerace even though they're so close
    You might not have to!..........There's a good chance we'll go out of business before the season ends! Apparently we're making a €7K loss every week and we've only enough cash to last for another 4 weeks. :(

There are numerous fundraisers being planned though so fingers crossed we'll survive.

How in the name of christ could Waterford be losing that much weekly? Hope it all works out and they don't go wallop.

It is worrying times for the league though with the above and also talk of Cobh Ramblers having to release a load of players as well due to big losses being made and supposed non payment of wages also.

Is the only way forward an All Ireland league, or are we only kidding ourselves that any sort of professional league can survive in this country?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

By all accounts, Rovers were fine until they scored again and then "went into their shell" and invited a poor Harps side on. A Harps side who lost seven in a row before last week? Sweet jesus.

Still it was a must-not-lose game, so a draw is decent. Galway winning isn't great, but should ease a few problems. Still the same ****e on the pitch though and Drog---zzzzz---heda and Cork away next up.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk away to Longford , Tuesday night :(
    Looks like i shall be making the trip to the flansiro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

blue-army wrote: »
    You might not have to!..........There's a good chance we'll go out of business before the season ends! Apparently we're making a €7K loss every week and we've only enough cash to last for another 4 weeks. :(

There are numerous fundraisers being planned though so fingers crossed we'll survive.

There is no way John Dealaney will let Waterford go under , i can imagine the FAI grants coming in !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Dundalk away to Longford , Tuesday night :(
    Looks like i shall be making the trip to the flansiro.

:confused:Pretty sure Dundalk are at home Tues night, unless my head is totally melted after last nights sh1t - fest. Town were great in the 1st, looked the better side by far, t'was a grand evening in Flancare, all was well... 2nd Town turned to sh1t, Waterford's first goal was off-side:mad: and later we shoulda had a pen for hand ball. poor crowd aswell. As for the clown of a linesman... Fat and a clown, a fat clown for all to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

SantryRed wrote: »
    :cool:

I must say I told you so Pighead and ibh.:D

How did yous play? Unlucky to score or not having that spark without Cassidy?

Was great to see Freeman get a hat trick for us tonight, shows we've other players other than Bisto who can score.

No, played shit overall. Tactics were non existent, a lot of players off-form. Monaghan down to 10 men and we were still playing with a back 4 that included Ian Ryan, a centre-back playing at right back, offering no attacking threat at all.
    Hard one to take tbh, we always seem to roll over against Monaghan away and friday was the same ol story.

Make matters worse to hear Shels won 5-0....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

FFS

Cork city are aboslutely shocking. Bohs are no great shakes whatsoever, and yet they emerged with all three points. says more about us than them really.

a third of the season gone, we're in 7th place, ten points off the top.. 8 points off relegation.. go figure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

ibh wrote: »
    No, played shit overall. Tactics were non existent, a lot of players off-form. Monaghan down to 10 men and we were still playing with a back 4 that included Ian Ryan, a centre-back playing at right back, offering no attacking threat at all.
    Hard one to take tbh, we always seem to roll over against Monaghan away and friday was the same ol story.

Make matters worse to hear Shels won 5-0....:mad:

Oh yes we did!! Shels are going up!

Pats fans 3 Rovers fans 2 :D

2 down after 5 minutes, took us an hour to get back into the game. 3 goals in last 20, rovers had some decent players and both sides had plenty of chances to score.

Dodgy ref tho :D

kdjac

Roar wrote: »
    FFS

Cork city are aboslutely shocking. Bohs are no great shakes whatsoever, and yet they emerged with all three points. says more about us than them really.

a third of the season gone, we're in 7th place, ten points off the top.. 8 points off relegation.. go figure
    Bitter!
    A few posts back I was reading about how Cork were going to swan out of Phibsborough with all three points.
    Good game. Deserved win, even if you're not going to credit us for it, and against a ref and lino who gave us absolutely nothing all night.
    Another Dalymount Park lesson in humility for George O'Callaghan.
    Thought Cork would bring more support.
    Two points off the top now, and we've broken our home form duck! :D

KdjaCL wrote: »

2 down after 5 minutes, took us an hour to get back into the game. 3 goals in last 20, rovers had some decent players and both sides had plenty of chances to score.

kdjac
    Supporter games are grand and all that, but isn't it minnowism to have match reports in the same thread as the eL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

KdjaCL wrote: »

kdjac

What? Did youse not get your futsal team to pretend to be Pats fans?

Good hard working performance from Bohs tonight, Fenn was brilliant. Gonna be a huge game in Inchicore on Tuesday week.
    Fair play to O'Callaghan, took a bit of stick from the Bohs fans, responded by pointing to his name when he equalised towards the fans, took loads of stick after we scored the winner but applauded us after the game.

Supporter games are grand and all that, but isn't it minnowism to have match reports in the same thread as the eL?

**** all else happened today of note or did i miss something?

kdjac

Bitter!

not at all. we're a ****e side, and i know that. All I'm saying is that you lot aren't much better, which is why it's frustrating to see us throw away yet another game
    A few posts back I was reading about how Cork were going to swan out of Phibsborough with all three points.

certainly not from me anyway. i'm all about the doom and gloom
    Good game. Deserved win, even if you're not going to credit us for it, and against a ref and lino who gave us absolutely nothing all night.

to be honest about it, both sides were p!ss poor. how many shots on target were there? you lot sat back after scoring, and while we had a bit more of the ball second half, we did fcuk all with it

Another Dalymount Park lesson in humility for George O'Callaghan.

He was shocking tonight, but then all our team were from 1-11 (or 1-39 as the case may be)
    Thought Cork would bring more support.

like the astounding amount you brought to cobh last week is it :rolleyes:
    Two points off the top now, and we've broken our home form duck! :D

we're 8 points off relegation :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Bohs will be well up for their cup final, and Fenn will want to impress his former fans, so it will be a tough game for City. But Fenlon has an abysmal record against us,so he will be happy with a draw. I think City to win this 1-2.

So how did that work out for you? :D

how many shots on target were there? you lot sat back after scoring, and while we had a bit more of the ball second half, we did fcuk all with it
    Shots on target: Bohs: 5 Cork: 1
    Possession: Bohs: 51% Cork: 49%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

poor enough game for the "quality" on show.

Draw would have been a fair result.

As if Sunday evenings werent depressing enough.

*Why were City fans banished to the open stand? Surely it would look better on TV to have a full looking Jodi stand.

My guess is that you didnt want a repeat of the Cup semi where we provided the Dalymount roar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cork imploding.

Matthews is not the right man for the job.

Bohs raised their game for their cup final and deserved their win. In fact, I think 2-1 flattered City.

We are about where i expected us to be at this stage with Mathews as manager. He is clearly out of his depth. Cant see him turning it around either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

How is sullivan doing for ye lot gimick?

He is being played at centre half at the moment. He isn't rubbish is about the most praise I can give him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Good win for Rovers on Saturday night over an in form Bray side , Nice goal by Coleman look out for it tonight on MNS , With Pats up next I'm fairly confident we can at least give them a good game of it though we havent had the greatest results against them in the last while

He is being played at centre half at the moment. He isn't rubbish is about the most praise I can give him.

Strange to see him at centre half... he played out on the wings for us and did well there.

the winds
    How apt for the Flansiro. :)

fixed now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

Couple of highlights videos from the Harps -v- Rovers game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxR3QxkpaQ4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zz2HxiQtHI

Rovers should have won. Harps came right back into it after the Rovers goal and Harps would have won only for a Barry Murphy save.

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    Cork imploding.

Matthews is not the right man for the job.

was never the right man for the job to be honest.

Bring back Rico

or, failing that, a manager who has half an idea what he's doing

Bring back Rico
    lol
    or, failing that, a manager who has half an idea what he's doing
    Who would you like to see getting it?

Who would you like to see getting it?

that's the problem, there's no obvious candidate really is there? besides Rico and Dolan, who won't come back (and i wouldn't want the latter), there doesnt seem to be an awful lot of names that jump out at you.

Just throwing it out there..

Brian Kerr?

If Mathews were to go I'd imagine they'd have to go down the advertising route, and probably end up with someone like Jeff Kenna (no offence intended there galway fans)

If we were looking to promote from within our own club, Stuart Ashton, former City player and current reserves coach would get the nod from me.

His under 21 teams over the years have been good, they've played some cracking football and always appear organised, play good football, and are passionate on the pitch, three things the senior team are incapable of being at the moment.

but i don't think Mathews will be sacked, therefore i believe we're in this for the long haul, sadly

Kerr wouldn't go, no way. He's too encamped with SPA. Fighting the good fight against Delaney. Undermining Johnny Mac. Not a hope I'd say.

Dolan, would be good for the hilarity.

Also, I'm hearing some very bad things out of Cork. :/

Also, I'm hearing some very bad things out of Cork. :/

do tell...

do tell...
    Nope.

I'm sure you already know.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Nope.

I'm sure you already know.

:pac:

PM please Dessie!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Dolan will not be the next manager Cork City, more than likely will be of the Wexford Youths if Mick Wallace wants to go back managing the underage sides as he has referred too. He wanted to bring the Wexford Youths FC into senior football so that young players in the county have an end goal to break into senior football to have a chance of possibly living their dream of becoming a pro-footballer in years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Give it to Roddy

Pal wrote: »
    Give it to Roddy

Nah, the plastering in the new stand is complete so we don't really need him

Kerr sacked/released by Pats conference today to confirm it. Dolan lurking around inchicore all day :eek:

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement