Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G3 Availability in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Briksins

qezep wrote: »
    I got super excited about the OnePlus One when I heard about it. Love the idea of the CyanogenMod OS being so customisable. The reviews of it being a bit glitchy turned me off though. The issues with it seem minor but I tend to overreact to those small things!
    but what exactly bad did u hear? what kind of glitches?
    here is greate review youtube.com/watch?v=xGUtBv2kbKE in all small details
    Also i bought invite from one of Android XDA active developers (he has over 2.k posts and huge karma), and he as a fan of all android phones. He said that "OnePlus One" is currently best phone available in the market. I think words of a gig definitely worth something

There only one bad thing i heard about "OnePlus One", it was delay of home button, but later i find out it was a feature of "double tap" of Cyn.* mod OS, and not a glitch. this feature can be turned off in settings if you don't like delay.

Anyway i got mine, waiting for delivery, after i get it ill update you with my feedbacks, but so far everyone who bought it tells only good things: forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-ultimate-oneplus-one-meta-review.54399/

P.S. GRRRR enable me using URLs please :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 qezep

Ya, I remember the home button thing. The reviewer didn't know it was a feature I guess. They should have made the 2nd function press and hold. No need to wait for a second tap then

This is the only review I can rermember: youtube.com/watch?v=FrgGHAab9D8

The LG G3 I got has a quirk too tho. The method for turning on 4G is not normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

The LG G3 I got has a quirk too tho. The method for turning on 4G is not normal.

Whaaachoo talk about Willis

hahah dont dissapoint moggser :) he is over excited today to get his new G3, don't tell bad things about it as moggser will be mad.
    It is not his fault that he decide to buy overpriced glitchy phone instead of buying proper "OnePlus One". i know he already regret and now calling 1+1 as "Fish and Chips" hahahhahaha

P.S. where is my big fatty troll? here we are betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Troll-300x291.png

Ha yeah im eggcireh alright ...im not buying into the hype of thr glitch sure everyone has good and bad experiences with all model phones sure your fish n chip phone might be the best one out there who knows... well you will when you get it amd i know that i change my phones that much im sure ill see one myself before the year is out all tho will probably be their next model tho...

• Advertisement

moggser wrote: »
    Whaaachoo talk about Willis

The connection options on mine are GSM / WCDMA and WCDMA only. To turn on LTE you have to dial 3845#*855# and you have more options there. Yours might be different.

Its not that big a deal. The phone is perfect other than that. Its better than having bits of the UI hang around when theyre not supposed to (right 1+1 users? :P)

Oh that....kinda like having a g2 again just keep in the clip tray.. suppose be a pain in the bollox ill live with .. the g flex didnt have that so spose ill live with it. Whats the software version on yours .. or where ya get it

Oh i didnt get customs charges either ... will let yall know how phone is when i get me mitts on it shortly

(right 1+1 users? :P)
    hahah one more troll detected :)

anyway i should agree, it is actually first time when i bought phone not from proven brand... so i am also scared a bit, would be sorry to realise that i waste 400 euro. but i really hope i didn't, and all reviews so far tells mostly positive things

Oh that....kinda like having a g2 again just keep in the clip tray.. suppose be a pain in the bollox ill live with .. the g flex didnt have that so spose ill live with it. Whats the software version on yours .. or where ya get it

Oh i didnt get customs charges either ... will let yall know how phone is when i get me mitts on it shortly

Software Version:
    V10a-EUR-XX

Build:
    KVT49L.A1401987978

Let me know if you have the LTE options available please.

Id doubt it .. but when i get ill let ya know later on

• Advertisement

No option to get Lte bar the hidden menu guess they screwed up again on this one ah sure who cares anyway

No option to get Lte bar the hidden menu guess they screwed up again on this one ah sure who cares anyway

3845#*855# -> LTE-Only -> Modem Settings -> RAT Selection -> All the options are here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

3845#*855# -> LTE-Only -> Modem Settings -> RAT Selection -> All the options are here

Thats odd, sounds like your phones are unlocked from a network but not sim free, maybe whatever network the phone was unlocked from doesn't allow LTE to its customers yet and has blocked the option for LTE in the network menu/.
    I know it sounds far fetched but it does happen here, when what ever network it was originally on releases LTE for that phone then the option will be available to the phone provided you can get an update from that network.

Sim Free phone would have all options available out of the box

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Thats odd, sounds like your phones are unlocked from a network but not sim free, maybe whatever network the phone was unlocked from doesn't allow LTE to its customers yet and has blocked the option for LTE in the network menu/.
    I know it sounds far fetched but it does happen here, when what ever network it was originally on releases LTE for that phone then the option will be available to the phone provided you can get an update from that network.

Sim Free phone would have all options available out of the box

Best explanation for it I've heard. I contacted LG about it and the first thing they asked for was the IMEI and my retailer. Maybe they'll come back and tell me the retailer unlocked the phone.

Possible it is the right answer, they just get locket phones, unlock it for 10$ and sell as sim-free

moggser how is your "kebab"? are you happy? give us feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Where did you guys get your g3 if the above is the case I'll avoid it. Sim free or nothing for me might get the 16GB from the UK so I know it's sim free. Maybe the 32gb will eventually be released and I'll get that eventually

Location is not a prove of "factory SIM-free"
    in any location seller could buy locked phone, unlock it with a code and pretend it is SIM-free, however it is not factory SIM-free

moggser - bought his one from eglobe (it is asian online shop - so far the cheapest place to buy G3 from)
    qezep - not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Any of you use the quick circle case? Any use?
    Tempted to get one. Anywhere in Ireland it can be got, I know amazon.co.uk have it so thats an option I suppose.

Unfortunately LG completely forget about little Ireland :(

Suppose if you can't get the phone here, fat chance of getting a case.

I have the phone, but it tends to unlock in my pocket! That's why I'm considering the circle case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Briksins wrote: »
    Unfortunately LG completely forget about little Ireland :(

More like Ireland forgot about LG.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

LG creating those phones, it is in their interest to distribute it across the world. It is LG main task to contact all mobile phone providers and ask them to buy their phones from LG

Or u think that Meteor or O2 or Vodafone calling to LG and begging them to provide their phones in their stocks? And LG proudly answers "No! F* you! you are too small and we don't even remember where is your location in global map"? hahahha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lg make the phones but it's the carriers that sell the phones for the most part, if the carriers decide not to stock their phones there's little LG can do. Lg were late to the party compared to Samsung htc Sony etc so the small Irish market was over supplied to begin win so it was easy for them to ignore it.
    Look at the UK for example, two of the major carriers have chosen not to stock it!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Where did you guys get your g3 if the above is the case I'll avoid it. Sim free or nothing for me might get the 16GB from the UK so I know it's sim free. Maybe the 32gb will eventually be released and I'll get that eventually

handtec.co.uk - I thought that getting it from the UK reduce the chances of it being incompatible too

Maybe the 16GB/2GB versions are sim free. Personally, id take the extra RAM over this tho. I still have a 4G connection after all!
    slayerking wrote: »
    Suppose if you can't get the phone here, fat chance of getting a case.

I have the phone, but it tends to unlock in my pocket! That's why I'm considering the circle case.

It actually unlocks or the screen turns on? Its hard to imagine it entering a knock code!
    You can stop the knock on feature by dialing 3845#*855#. Scroll to the bottom and click "Knock On/Off Setting"

It actually unlocks or the screen turns on? Its hard to imagine it entering a knock code!
    You can stop the knock on feature by dialing 3845#*855#. Scroll to the bottom and click "Knock On/Off Setting"

It actually unlocks and starts randomly selecting stuff and ringing people etc - its very strange, I've never had it happen to me before with any other phone. I just got the phone, so maybe its something to do with a specific pair of jeans!
    I don't have any knock code, I simply have the standard swipe unlock screen.

That's a cool hidden menu, didnt know you could disable that feature. It might stop it happening - I actually like that knock on/off feature though. I've just ordered the circle case, so that should put a stop to it in any case.

slayerking wrote: »
    It actually unlocks and starts randomly selecting stuff and ringing people etc - its very strange, I've never had it happen to me before with any other phone. I just got the phone, so maybe its something to do with a specific pair of jeans!
    I don't have any knock code, I simply have the standard swipe unlock screen.

That's a cool hidden menu, didnt know you could disable that feature. It might stop it happening - I actually like that knock on/off feature though. I've just ordered the circle case, so that should put a stop to it in any case.

Maybe since you can swipe in any direction from any start point on this phone its easier for it to happen by accident. Sweat can act like a finger to the capacitive screen.

Apparently my phone is a Switzerland model! :/

I've also found out that manufacturers make a list of mobile providers that have and do not have 4g. If the phone connects to carriers without 4g it disables the LTE radio, plus the options, to save power searching for a signal its never going to get. Looking at three's 4g coverage it is arguable that three don't support 4g.

Also also, *#*#4636#*#* is a nicer way to turn 4g on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

everything ive read tells me that performance wise the s5 is quicker, even against the 3gb g3, do you have some benchmarks? i really like the g3 and its amazing screen but i love silky smooth performance, arggggg decisions!!!!

Forget benchmarks, specially with Samsung :D try it in the real world, i was looking at the S5 for a mate and we were amazed my near one year old Nexus 5 felt smoother and snappier, also loaded apps faster. The phone felt very "clunky" not what i was expecting when i seen the spec list, maybe something a non touchwhiz custom ROM or GPE edition ROM would sort?? But it put both of us off, they are now waiting till word on the N6 possibly G3 based........possibly :D

Got mine OnePlus One yesterday...
    Thats an amazing phone! especially for such price! super well built and polished...
    and package?! it just awesome!!! im very happy with it!
    So far I spot only 2 downsides:
    1) No headphones in package, but i have "Plantronics Voyager Legend" + got new car recently and it also has inbuilt bluetooth phone system
    2) Facebook doesn't give contacts to sync... not sure what is the story there, but no FB contacts, all FB profile just blank :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

just heard that samsung might be releasing an s5 prime around September, very interesting rumours around that phone, same hi res as the lg, a newer processor (snapdragon 805), 3 gigs of ram, and a metal body, might just sit and save for a month or two and see what happens

Advertisement