Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congrats United ...

• 22-05-2008 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Congrats ...

I wanted people to see my post here that's why I've opened a new one ..

I had no bad feelings towards united last night, I texted all my united fans congrats ,, and even though I won-t say the better team won ..
    even my mufc friends had to admit we were terribly unlucky after hitting the post twice and JT -s miss etc .. but this is football ..

Ferguson is a true legend .. well done.

Now a question to other footie fans .. how do you get over this horrible
    despression ??

what do you do ?

Today i went off to take some photos , that helps .. a hobby ..
    but then i see a newspaper (even tho im trying to avoid em!) ..

It's the FRUSTRATION of having to wait another year (MINIMUM) to get
    another chance at the CL ...

:mad:

I wish my brother nevrr introduced me to Chelsea all those years ago...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

jackdaw wrote: »
    I wish my brother nevrr introduced me to Chelsea all those years ago...

Why? Because they lost in the final?

And.......

Congrats United well played, If Chelsea weren't going to win it then United deserved it.Played the best football this year.(not getting into a chelsea deserved it more debate would just prefer to see Chelsea win.)

anyway Well Done!

Thanks mate.

I posted somewhere in the Final thread, now lost amidst pages of rubbish fan bickering, but I did say that it was incredibly close, hell it couldnt even be settled over the 5 penalties. Chelsea rodde their luck in the first half, United in the second. Could have gone either way, thats football. Keep your head up though, no shame losing that match, was a great final and Chelsea played well and have nothing to be ashamed of. One slip is the fine line really.

As for getting over it, Ill give u my take on the whole thing as a United fan and the highs and lows Ive experienced over the years.

I remember being unbelievably gutted after the FA Cup Final when United thoroughly outplayed Arsenal for 120 mins and did everything but score only to lose it on penalties. Was gutted, but u get over it, its football. Just forget about football for a few days, and then just think ahead. Look how close Chelsea came to a double this year (or a treble, they lost the Carling Final too). 3 games, 3 different results and this is the best summer of your life. Id be optimistic that your time is coming tbh.

The other thing is, that, and this isnt a dig at Chelsea buying succes...success isnt an overnight thing, u have to go through some serious hard **** before u get there, and it makes winning all the better.

Liverpool went through a decade of watching sh*te from their team and knowing that the history of such a great club deserved better before they won the UEFA Cup in 2001 and the CL in 2005 to reignite their glory. They appreciated it all the more for how rough the 90's were.

United went through so many near misses in CL semi Finals before 99 and then again before this year. We had the indignity of finishing bottom of a group containing Celtic, Benfica and Copenhagen FFS.

Cheslea now have 2 semis and a final all lost to drive them on. Like Munster in the rugby losing 2 finals..it spurs u on. Take the lows with the highs man, thats waht footballs all about. If and when Chelsea finally win the CL itll be because of this right now, that it will feel 10 times better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Look at how losing spurred Bayern on to win it the next year. If Chelsea don't lose their heads and do a complete squad swap, they'll be right in it next year also.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well done to United, commiserations to Chelsea. I watched the game in a neutral venue (my friend, a Newcastle fan, supplied the tv and couch for the evening) and it was agreed by the 4 of us there who watched the game that neither side deserved to lose.

Awesome first half performance by United, very strong showing by Chelsea from the 45th minute on. Pretty even in extra time too.

The penalty shoot-out was torture to watch, especially after Ronaldo missed. However, I've never felt so bad for a player as I did seeing John Terry's face after the game. I usually hate the guy, but it was aweful to see how bad he looked.

If Chelsea show as much passion next season as JT did last night, then I will be a very nervous Man United fan.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Locked.

We don't need another thread on this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement