Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appliances saga

Options
  • 02-04-2014 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Pleased to say I got a secondhand fridge through adverts.ie of the same type and it's installed and working.

Now what I need to know is how do you get the cooker to spark? (not urgent as I just light it with a match) but I see no spark so assume something needs replacing

Comments

Glad to hear it.
    Could be a grubby electrode, might just need a clean. Which cooker have you? Any photos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Easiflo Intergrill or something like that

2qa6btz.jpg

How does the sparker work? does it spark all 5 burners at once? Where would it be?

(Fridge Electrics problem easily solved....older model fridge with a manual sparker :-)

Dunno that model. Is the sparker the small knob? Usually they need pushing in while you have the gas set to high flame and also pushed in. All 4 is common.
    Is that a domestic cooker? Might need 240v off the inverter/mains.
    If it's 12v then +ive and -ive to battery.

It's a manual sparker so I doubt it's wired to anything, same as the fridge. Yes the small knob. It's not a huge problem, unless I wanted to use the oven which isn't likely.

Amazing how well the fridge worked on gas btw!

actually it's Spinflo Intergrill

• Advertisement

corktina wrote: »
    Amazing how well the fridge worked on gas btw!

Compared to 12v on a dead battery...:)...yeah that's why I was advocating why bother & get the gas side serviced ;)

If nothing is sparking I'd say test the switchy thing and wiring, anything salvageable in that department off the old fridge or is it completely brown bread?
    It'd be worth your while cleaning all the crusty dried soup remains off the hob disks and electrotrodes (if there is any) otherwise it won't arc, dried soup is an insulator.

battery fine and still going strong. Powered the fridge fine all the way to Belfast and back the other day. The problem was that the sparking electrical box was dead. New fridge doesn't have that fortunately.

There is no wiring on the cooker, it's a mechanical sparker.

Surely there ought to be HT wires from the switch to the igniters though?

no doubt there could be, haven't explored inside it. there's no external wiring

If there's anything that look like spade connectors or the like I'd give it a bash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Check the electrodes aren't touching the burner or edge of their holes and theres no gunk around them to short them out.

Advertisement