Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliced images moving in DW

Options
  • 04-11-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

I am new to development and design and just have a quick question about slicing and moving the selected slices into Dreamweaver.

I have already sliced up the template and imported them into dreamweaver. However, when I am creating a contact us page and input the table for the form, the website becomes distorted. I believe it may be the size of the form itself causing the issue but no matter how much I lower the width in DW it still looks distorted.

Does anyone have any idea how I can stop the sliced images from moving in DW once I import them?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

We can't help unless you show us the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It's a bit dirty, but you could try chopping it down to size by wrapping your form area in this:
    [html]
    <div style="width: 500px; overflow-x: hidden;">
    <!-- form stuff here -->
    </div>
    [/html]
    There might be some other crap going on in dreamweaver though, so check the code view - specifically look for widths that were changed in parent elements, maybe try throwing that page out and copying another (working) page for a fresh start.

This sort of aggravation drove me to learn html/css and do it all in notepad... totally worth it.

Advertisement