Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginners Hekp Please

• 20-06-2005 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

Any help for the following would appreciated. I recently (last Monday) got a motorised set up installed by a professional and the hardware , dish, motor etc seem to be working.

I am running the set up through my PC using a Twinham VisionDTV SAT
    1020A. However only once or twice have I got any FTA TV/Radio to play on the PC, and recently (Last two days) no luck at all.

I was hoping if any one has a similar set up and could send me the spec or set up guide as I believe it is me and not the system at fault.

My dish is an 80cm with a Diseqc 1.2 motor and I live here in Athlone.

Regards

Pat :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Can you PM me the installers contact details as I am looking for a motorised installer in that area.

Thanks, sorry for OT

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

How did the installer check that the Diseqc motorised mount was tracking the Clarke belt i.e. correctly aligned?
    What software are you using?
    Does the motor move when you change sats via the software?
    Which channels were you previously able to see and from which sats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭swoofer

pat, i have same as u and it is a bit of a pain to get it working. I can get all the sats but i do fiddle about. I got a EURO 1080 card as well for the hd. I am uisng a dell pc, 3.oghz. Picture is fab. the best thing would for u to go to astra, say what progs u want or I can send u settings for say sky news, cnn and a few others. i only use it occasionally at the moment. i also use lyngsat.com to get all the frequency details including tranponder. its important to put in vpid and apid.

give me a pm, i am in clare

gb--

• Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

The installer went onto the roof with a large sat meter and set up it arc, tested it etc. He is a guy listed in the Golden Pages and seems to be the only guy in the area and has a good rep.

At present have moved on and am now watching Hotbird but I am still very confused as now I am using MyTheatre not Vision Plus as my viewer. Got hotbird after 1/2 a day messing around. Thought I had the hang of it but later tried to hit one of the astra sats but seemed only to increase the strength of the hotbird signal? but no astra. I believe it is my use of the software that the prob. Have looked at about 10 sites and cant find a simple FAQ for any satellite viewer. :eek:

The best thing you could do initially is put the dish back to Hotbird and use that as your base point. You should be able to find the other sats depending on if they are east or west of 13 east. Perhaps use a marker/tipex on the motor so you can gauge how far east or west the motor has been moved thereafter.

Regarding the signal strength of Hotbird increasing as you were trying to find Astra, did the picture remain on screen or was it only the signal level meter that rose as you went east? Many of the transponder frequencies that are used on Hotbird are also used on the Astra sats at 19e and 28e, so looking at the transponder signal level alone it may seem that you are still receiving 13e, when in fact you are not.

I tend to use Progdvb, which is also compatible with the TwinHan, you might like to try it out. www.progdvb.com

Others here may have experience of MyTheatre and the native TwinHan software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

Hi all,

Just an up date. Have now succeeded in locking in Hotbird and Thor through My Theatre and can hop between both at will. But I still can not lock any thing in between. Has this got to do with LOF1, SW, LOF2 Ku-Lin, Ku-Lin or C-band settings as I am at sea with all of the above termanology.

Again any advice is greatly appreciated.

Pat :eek:

LOF1 is local oscillator 1. For a universal LNBF it should be 9750MHz (low band)
    LOF2 is local oscillator 2 - 10600MHz (high band)
    SW is the frequency at which you switch between the 2 LOs - 11700MHz
    LNBF type would be Ku-lin (Ku-band, linear polarisation).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

malvec wrote:
    The installer went onto the roof with a large sat meter and set up it arc, tested it etc. He is a guy listed in the Golden Pages and seems to be the only guy in the area and has a good rep.

At present have moved on and am now watching Hotbird but I am still very confused as now I am using MyTheatre not Vision Plus as my viewer. Got hotbird after 1/2 a day messing around. Thought I had the hang of it but later tried to hit one of the astra sats but seemed only to increase the strength of the hotbird signal? but no astra. I believe it is my use of the software that the prob. Have looked at about 10 sites and cant find a simple FAQ for any satellite viewer. :eek:
    "MyTheatre" if you mean http://www.dvbcore.com/ ..which is sat on a pc..then i can probably help you..it very much sounds like you are struggling with the diseqc setting in myTheatre which isnt unusual as it pretty confusing wihout plenty of practice or someone to help you. If you are trying to set it up on your pc pm..am pretty certain i can help :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement