Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cams

• 21-06-2005 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Bar future proofing if I decide to get official cards*, are there any advantages of getting a reciever with CI slots and a cam such as Matrix?

Basically are there many extra channels compared to FTA only on, say, Astra 1 and Hotbird?

*don't get the thread closed on me too quick :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

[Too much info here]

Google it everybody but dont post it here

[Mod edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

You will need to buy a small device called a loader to make the Dragon active .

buy a Matrix. comes in plug and play format. can be updated via a laptop if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Pal wrote:
    You will need to buy a small device called a loader to make the Dragon active .

buy a Matrix. comes in plug and play format. can be updated via a laptop if you want.
    Dragon all looks too complicated for a starter like me anyway! :D But will a cam give me some channels above FTA (FTV channels I suppose would be the nearest equivalent?) before the need for cards. Or if that's getting into dodgy ground can someone PM me a link to somewhere that explains CAMs for dummies? Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I think we are already in dodgy ground with your man posting all thats available on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 yvry

I think with dragon you have the best cam , I have myself x-cam, matrix revolutions and dragon, but the most stable is the dragon.
    And for beginner or not all the cams have to be program so if you thing you are too newbie for a cam like dragon your are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Thanks, I think I have the info I need. I was just a bit confused about what a Cam did or didn't do before today. I was a bit clueless and didn't know I was getting into dodgy ground so quick - so sorry mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Programming the dragon isnt hard..you just pop it into your programmer (i use a cas 3) , insert dummy card (comes with cas 3 ) , then use the programmer software to flash it, with the cas 3 that just means browse to the *.dra on yer computer and click ..and wait..(gives a percentage completed countdown) tis that easy.
    There are other programmers but pretty much all follow a proceedure roughly the same.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Ok locking this before it goes any further.

Please remember that talking about cams is so close to talking about hacking, it seems to take a miracle these days to prevent people posting on how to view channels without paying for them.

Ergo we are one step away from closing down cam discussion on sight here.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement