Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE on a English Sub

• 21-06-2005 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

Can this be tuned in?

Apologies if I'm covering old ground here, mate of mine is looking to see some U2 special on this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭swoofer

no. rte agreed with SKY that RTE1, 2, TG4, and TV3 would be subscription based and not on the basic package either. I think it is about 28 euro a month. I pay 155 euro for the TV licence and I am expected to pay another 28 euro to get via SKY!!! Could only happen in Ireland. Imagine a national broadcaster is able to make people pay twice in order to receive prgrammes.

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

I wonder could you get it in for a day or two and then cancel, would they charge you for a full month or just for a the couple of days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭swoofer

no, minimum is usually a month but for 1st time would be 12 months. that u2 is 3 hours, tape it and post to him.

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky will only allow you to change packages once a month. besides you would need an Irish subscription. RTÉ is not available on a UK sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

GBCULLEN wrote:
    no. rte agreed with SKY that RTE1, 2, TG4, and TV3 would be subscription based and not on the basic package either. I think it is about 28 euro a month. I pay 155 euro for the TV licence and I am expected to pay another 28 euro to get via SKY!!! Could only happen in Ireland. Imagine a national broadcaster is able to make people pay twice in order to receive prgrammes.

gb--

put up an aerial, its free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

I think I've totally confused everyone here (sorry!)

My friend is actually in England!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Since you specifically mention ENGLISH subs

RTE is not on Mainland subs it is only available in Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland family pack (or higher) subs

A NI sub will also get you the FTV channels UTV ITV2 C4 C5 but will (i think) be missing TV3

A ROI sub will have TV3 but not the FTV stuff

So if you could get someone in NI (or the Republic) to subscribe to Sky and send the box and card to your friend in England theyd be laughing. In return you could get them to take out a UK (phoneline free*)sub (or Freesat card) and send it over to you so you could enjoy the FTV channels

* for why a phoneline free sub is required see the 25496 other threads on the subject

Advertisement