Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gamings greatest easter egg

Options
  • 16-07-2003 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

i've recently been playing silent hill 3 a whole lot and today i came across "the silent hill song", they've really outdone themselves, it even puts the SH2 endings to shame

anyone else seen it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

what about the actual easter egg in vive city?? heh you cant get a better easter egg than an easter egg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Samus Aran in her skimpies. Other easter eggs don't come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I thought the Naboo Starfigher in Rogue Squadron on the N64 was pretty cool. The game came out well before the Phantom Menace but they managed to keep the ship and the code to unlock it secret until the film finally came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Hardly the same thing as an Easter Egg, but I didn't know that there was a second ending to Revenge fo Shinobi until I got it!! :ninja: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Jetpac on DK64 was fairly good and the original DK.

There was something in Jet Force Gemini but cant remember what it was.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Jetpac on DK64 was fairly good and the original DK.

There was something in Jet Force Gemini but cant remember what it was.

kdjac

Jet Force Gemini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ahh Mr Pants but there was something else (its all coming back to me now)in the Nightclub there was an arcade machine and if you collected certain amount of somethings (not ant heads) you could play a game on it. It was driving game ,and there was a space ship game like wipeout but not.

Tho getting Mr Pants was near impossible getting those heads off was insanely hard.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Samus Aran in her skimpies. Other easter eggs don't come close.
    Okay what the hell version of metroid was i playing?! I want Samus nekkid!! You tell me How!!!

Oh and was the silent hill song the version of the main theme that had Heather singing in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

Banjo Kazooie had a nice one. That whole Stop N Swap thing had people going for a while. I Guess it was meant for the ill-fated 64dd, but they eventually released button codes. That was a troubled time for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Okay what the hell version of metroid was i playing?! I want Samus nekkid!! You tell me How!!!
    super metroid iirc, finish it under a certain time & you got to see her smalls.
    you got to when she died anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You could get it in the original and return of samus if you finished it in a certain time. She sisn't look as nice then than she does on the snes or GC. Maybe its to do with the crap graphics on nes and GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Deadwing

Oh and was the silent hill song the version of the main theme that had Heather singing in it?

nope, it's a bunch of men singing in japanese, great singalong fun

you gotta see it to know how funny it is

John Romeros head in Doom 2. Take out the fists and scream 'This ones for Daikatana you bast*rd!!!'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

calm down "deadwing"...don't blow your load right away, you'll find a real woman someday (instead of just computer generated/internet chicks)

and i'm kinda with weemcd on this one...an actual easter egg is really as good (bad) as it gets

black and white also had a lot of easter eggs if i recall....though...it did suck too, so they cancel each other out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by passive
    calm down "deadwing"...don't blow your load right away, you'll find a real woman someday (instead of just computer generated/internet chicks)

Eh, yeah, and maybe one day youll get a GIRL, full stop, and not have any more embarassing moments with the lingerie catalouges and the Vaseline, "passive" :P

Im'a put a beat down on yo broke ass next time i see you, BIZZNITCH!! *LoL*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I vaguely remember that for Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition on the MD when I beat the game with Chun Li one time I left it on the finished screen and went off to get a drink. I came back and found this cool picture of her and this big dragon in the background. To this day I've never been able to get it again. <sigh>

That's my favourite although I know it's far from the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The coconut ending in Ico. Very touching.

I think the Doom space marine in Duke Nukem was cool as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i didn't see that ico ending.........gotta try it

the morte easter egg-easter egg in planescape torment is one of my favourites even though it was just a patch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

ICO was such a cool game, I heard there's a second one coming out :D

as for easter eggs, my favourite is the one in Broken Sword 2 in the subway when you see the scene from Beneath a Steel Sky.

Advertisement