Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote: »
    Woke up with a dull, aching headache.
    I had some red wine last night, but it's wine I've had before and I didn't drink any more than usual, so I was a tad surprised to wake up to a headache.
    The other TA thing is that it took FOREVER for the painkillers to do their job.

Exact same here and I didnt have much because Im babysitting,banging headache this morn and a blocked nose..Im blaming it on the heating being on too long.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

He strolled back in all nonchalant, eggs in hand, had got "talking to someone". Only for I needed the eggs I would have pelted them at his nonchalant head :(

73Cat wrote: »
    He strolled back in all nonchalant, eggs in hand, had got "talking to someone". Only for I needed the eggs I would have pelted them at his nonchalant head :(

At times if they had a brain cell it would die from loneliness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Colser wrote: »
    Exact same here and I didnt have much because Im babysitting,banging headache this morn and a blocked nose..Im blaming it on the heating being on too long.:pac:

Nothing worse than a central heating hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I see the conspiracy theorists are at it already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I love coffee, but I'm having to stop drinking it at work. My office is such a harsh environment, with noise, interruptions and stupidity coming at me from all directions, that the caffeine means the difference between "mildly irritable" and "bite-your-bloody-head off". Grrrr. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oh I had the blocked nose too. I also had the heating on for a long time last night, only turning it off when I went to bed.
    Can't have helped!

Hope you're feeling better; I had a few cups of tea and some toast and I'm OK now. Dry mouth though, gonna drink lots of water today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

The use of faze and phase as if they meant the same thing, lots of examples of it in print media. The most recent one I saw was in Tubridy's review of Terry Wogan's new book in last Saturday's IT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Supermarkets that have signs at the 'till saying 10 items or less (should say fewer).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or they should just change the sign to read '<11 items' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

New Home wrote: »
    Or they should just change the sign to read '<11 items' :pac:

Ah but then you'd have folk who don't know the difference btween < and >.

At least people know what '10 items or less' means

In Tesco earlier with my friend and we were humming and hawing :rolleyes:about a little plastic container of sweets(Pastilles.Jelly Tots and Randoms)for 5e.I bought them even though I wouldnt really eat them but thought theyd keep my son in good form for 5 mins and got charged 13e at the til:eek:.Fuming then as I was sent to queue at CS and said to my friend this will be entertaining as Im calling a manager because Ive been overcharged in there numerous times.
    Didnt even get the satisfaction to complain because 13e is correct ..how the hell can a few fcuking jellies cost that much and why the hell dont they put the right price in front of stuff .
    I wont even start on the parking at the shopping centre earlier,absolutely mental and when people get into their car knowing that youre waiting for the spot and spend 10 minutes "fixing themselves" before driving off I actually want to hurt them badly:mad:

Follow up on this..I just went to Centra and bought those fecking jellies for 6e..fcuk you Tesco you definitely had 5e marked on them:mad:

And babies please do all your business at one time,dont make me change a dirty nappy only for part 2 to arrive a few minutes later.

Is it wine time yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

There I was laughing in the face of Friday the 13th last night, until I decided to go and slam the cutlery drawer shut on my finger & finger nail. Almost decapitating my finger in the process.:(

Receiving a delivery that had a box full of those little soft filler things, and accidentally dropping the box all over the floor on the way out to the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When the next person who enters the public bathroom chooses to take the stall right next to mine when ALL the others are free.

When someone is as loud as they can possibly be when they enter the stall. Slamming the door open and shut, slamming the toilet seat, plonking their ar*e down, practically yanking the toilet roll holder off the wall with a massive tug, letting said toilet roll holder smack against the wall, slamming the lid on the toilet, yanking the flusher, banging the stall door open and slamming it shut behind them.

When the person who did all of the above sneaks out behind you while you're at the sink and they haven't washed their hands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭BenedrylPete

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    When the next person who enters the public bathroom chooses to take the stall right next to mine when ALL the others are free.

When someone is as loud as they can possibly be when they enter the stall. Slamming the door open and shut, slamming the toilet seat, plonking their ar*e down, practically yanking the toilet roll holder off the wall with a massive tug, letting said toilet roll holder smack against the wall, slamming the lid on the toilet, yanking the flusher, banging the stall door open and slamming it shut behind them.

When the person who did all of the above sneaks out behind you while you're at the sink and they haven't washed their hands.

Hate that. You have to expedite your dump and get out of there before the woodwind symphony kicks in.
    Speed pooping aint easy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There I was laughing in the face of Friday the 13th last night, until I decided to go and slam the cutlery drawer shut on my finger & finger nail. Almost decapitating my finger in the process.:(

That's never fun... not even when you do it with the door of the chest freezer, just at the level of the lock. I do feel your pain, believe me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mr Sam driving my car. I have a small car and he drives it like his 2ltr horse of an estate car.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Shampoo bottles etc falling on your foot in the shower. They get roared at.

Really fúcking loud hand dryers, that cause your mind to go into a blank rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Minions. My life is all about Minions at the moment. I can practically speak their language at this stage.

• Advertisement

Watching able-bodied people walk up to an assisted button door, pressing the button, finding it not working and walking away.

Em, ever heard of just pushing the door open? (Which is what I proceeded to do on the other side)

Menas wrote: »
    Minions. My life is all about Minions at the moment. I can practically speak their language at this stage.

Look on the bright side... it could be Barney the Dinosaur... much, much, MUCH worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Emmaline81

When in a traffic queue and in a certain lane that is to go right or left and the person in front waits until a few meters before turning and puts on the indicator!! ..Duh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Vancity wrote: »
    Living in another country where people pretend (yes, pretend!) not to understand my word for something when it's not the same as theirs.

Examples -

Queue - they say line-up, I say queue - they get all "I'm sorry, what?" - Come on FFS, queue is a word defined in the dictionary, it's actually way more relevant than line-up.

Holiday - they say vacation, I say holiday - but they get all confused looking when I say, oh I'm on holiday next week. FIGURE it out!!! I know what vacation means, why can't you figure out what holiday means.

This really annoys me in america. There isnt even an attempt to understand what you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Waiting for an hour for the takeaway to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I love watching videos of people getting liposuction done and I don't why. just watching all the fat getting sucked out is addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

When you're trying to go up a slip road and some ****er going straight is waiting at a red light and is ignorantly too far across and blocks your route up the inside. Infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My touch-pad has turned into an absolute donkey and won't work properly. Looked up a solution and it seems I need to take out the battery and do other stuff in the BIOS screen. I need a tiny screwdriver to take out the battery. I don't own a tiny screwdriver :(

Also, TA that my car is being ominous after months of smooth driving. Usually when my car gets weird it costs me a fortune :(

Also, the stupid touch-pad just changed my FB language to an Arabic looking language so I'll have to look up how to change it back.

First world problems etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Robsweezie wrote: »
    I love watching videos of people getting liposuction done and I don't why. just watching all the fat getting sucked out is addictive.

Rob you sound like a perfect candidate for "My Strange Addiction" on TV channel TLC. They have professionals who will help you find out "why?" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Robsweezie wrote: »

Hey - feck off to the happy thread!

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement