Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Options
  • 12-11-2015 11:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I would like to stress the TRIVIAL part. This isn't a thread to rant or vent. People come here to read trivial annoyances.

Other usual rules:
    Please remember this is not your personal Facebook newsfeed. Post your trivial annoyances and of course you may discuss them, but no chit chat and no flirting. Keep the cliqueyness (not a real word) out of it please and thank you. Personal digs will result in bans.

Last thread here.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Wouldnt you let it rip to 10000 anyway ^

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd that there is no sequence in the numbering convention of the TA threads.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

We lost the number somewhere along the way. I don't even know which number this actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

When no matter how many duvets and layers of clothing you have on/over you, you're still bloody freezing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,681 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

TA that I almost had a shìt fit when I saw my favorite thread was locked!

Phew! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

TA that I almost had a shìt fit when I saw my favorite thread was locked!

Phew! :D

Me too!! I actually gasped and called out to my OH to tell her that our favourite thread was locked :pac: :D

People approaching a main road from a side road and sticking their nose out into the traffic so you have to swerve right to avoid their ignorant selves. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Someone told me to add cinnamon to my coffee to aid my diet and I have lost at least three stone in the loo since. Did he mean to do this to me? I am wondering furiously about this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

People approaching a main road from a side road and sticking their nose out into the traffic so you have to swerve right to avoid their ignorant selves. :mad:

Better still, the fúcktards who don't stop and drive straight out onto the hard shoulder. These saps don't seem to understand that not only is it not to be used for merging with traffic, but it's not even a driving lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eternal wrote: »
    Someone told me to add cinnamon to my coffee to aid my diet and I have lost at least three stone in the loo since. Did he mean to do this to me? I am wondering furiously about this here.

Sounds like you've been doing something else quite furiously as well.....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

eternal wrote: »

I'm TA'd that you told us about this and now my OH wants to try it, I'll be staying out of the bathroom tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Those electric revolving doors. Not keen on the revolving door in the first place as I don't see how it speeds up or contributes anything but the electric ones are worse. They just slam to a halt if you get in slightly to close to when it's closed and you nearly walk into the front of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

People who seem unable to read a very, very simple sentence and grasp the very simple point it makes.

People who then reply trying to make a point, by bringing up something that is unrelated to the point being discussed.

(I probably make no sense. It's unrelated to boards, something I encountered elsewhere tonight, and was very WTF, but if I went into all the details it'd take forever).

Blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

News bulletins on radio stations that play a groovy uptempo beat while the news is being read,usually by someone with a semi frivolous voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Found out that my latest and dearest application "will not be invited to interview at this time".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

People standing two-abreast on escalators like they're Victorians on a 19th Century fairground ride.

Get out tha way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

When you're out in the smoking area and some old **** comes up to you..
    What's that?
    It's an e-cigarette
    But what is it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's a major TA that every hour of the day doesn't (seem to) go as fast as the first one when you have to get up and go to work

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Making acronyms of everything. Even a trivial annoyance has been reduced to TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

When my engine oil light comes on when I'm driving to school. Happens at least once a month now, I should have known! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

KatW4 wrote: »
    When my engine oil light comes on when I'm driving to school. Happens at least once a month now, I should have known! :(

Get that sorted out or you'll be walking back shortly. Is there enough oil in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Funny thing that, my 'You need to add Coolant' message popped up this morning.
    Its fcking freezing outside and my car wants coolant!

Menas wrote: »

Another one. Ditto!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You probably just need a top up, engines usually lose a litre or so of oil over the course of an oil change cycle. check the dipstick. a €10 bottle of oil now could end up saving you a lot down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is there a curse? I got that today too :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

The condescending way Americans say "That's so funny" instead of actually laughing.

Eh, no, if you were telling the truth, you'd be actually laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

jimgoose wrote: »
    Another one. Ditto!
    smash wrote: »
    Is there a curse? I got that today too :eek:

Some fcker is trolling us in real life...:eek:
    List of suspects please?

People who seem unable to read a very, very simple sentence and grasp the very simple point it makes.

People who then reply trying to make a point, by bringing up something that is unrelated to the point being discussed.

Probably related to the old saying "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you from experience."

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

TA'd that someone says this every time a new TA thread gets started.

• Advertisement

Some fcker is trolling us in real life...:eek:
    List of suspects please?

You misunderstand. I meant to repeat my "Get that sorted out or you'll be walking back shortly" comment for you!

When Jaaaaags run a tad low on coolant, they order a tincture from the bar with ice and lemon, with a devastatingly devilish grin. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement