Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tipperary meteorite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

register what you saw with astronomy ireland and then youll know how many saw it and what it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You are stoned out of your mind man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Chinese lanterns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Chinese lanterns.

Great bunch of lanterns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yup, burned very bright and colourful when it hit atmosphere - shallow angle, high speed. A nice thing indeed of a clear, cold night. By the way, those things can be seen all over the place, not just Tipp! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

William F wrote: »
    Did anyone see it? Around 9.30 pm. Amazing spectacle.

Bollix , it was Santa doing a flypast for the toy show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

You are stoned out of your mind man

.............won't work out as bad as when he saw a spaceship and lit a big fire to guide them down. You wouldn't think they could land a garda helicopter all quick like in the TV, but there ye are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

The McCarthy Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭purplekitty

I SEEN THIS!! Driving down the back road from portarlington to portlaoise!!! Pulled over and rang the hubby and told him I seen an UFO.... which of course he didn't believe. Just read this thread.... glad I have something to tell him now :) I saw a greeny-gold tail on the meteorite... im so happy I got to see it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Chinese lanterns.

I remember letting of a few of those years ago and the following morning it was on the local radio that ufo's were sighted over such a place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Weather balloon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Meteor = 085...

Shīte network though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

I SEEN THIS!! Driving down the back road from portarlington to portlaoise!!! Pulled over and rang the hubby and told him I seen an UFO.... which of course he didn't believe. Just read this thread.... glad I have something to tell him now :) I saw a greeny-gold tail on the meteorite... im so happy I got to see it

Yes it was green. Pretty unusual, I've never seen that color before on a meteorite. I swear, if it didn't burn up in the atmosphere it would of landed less than a mile from where I was driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The colours probably signify what it was made of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

kneemos wrote: »

Kryptonite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭weisses

Im in the far southwest and the meteor was even further out to the south over the Atlantic ... Awesome sight though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Kryptonite?

Moss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

snot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Probably copper?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Faced Jacks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Twinkle Twinkle little star,
    I don't wonder what you are;
    For by spectroscopic ken,
    I know that you're hydrogen.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, twenty-two minutes declination... no sighting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

KungPao wrote: »
    Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, twenty-two minutes declination... no sighting

Hold on , there it is , THERE ...... OH GOOD JESUS ,,NO NOOOOOOO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

I saw it from Meath. It was massive! I was expecting a sonic boom from it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

meteorite rock can be worth quite a bit of money. Any reports on where it may have landed ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

meteorite rock can be worth quite a bit of money. Any reports on where it may have landed ? :)

It broke up in the atmosphere and made a firework like shower.

I saw it from Meath. It was massive! I was expecting a sonic boom from it!

Did you hear about the meteorite that hit russia - and the "ONLY" injuries that it caused was people who saw the flash and then went to the window - purely because they forgot their high school physics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Corpus Twisty

I saw nothing. Typical. If Abba did a surprise gig in the back garden, chances are I'd have popped out for milk and miss it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement