Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No wonder people get lost in this country.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

mike65 wrote:
    ......and it doesn't even conform to the rule book (no chevron and it isn't mounted at the top of its posts!), as per the norm quite sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i dont think that is the N7 anymore...its an R road now i think from the south link into the city....the N7 is the link road now and continues to the roundabout where the link from Roxboro comes in and then the link is the N20 ( i think ) from there on.....doesnt excuse poor signage though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats as maybe but its still the major road into/out of Limerick from the east.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I quite agree and it is still signed to the city centre that way....It is an odd feature to downgrade roads from N to R like this when a new route opens...In the UK and elsewhere they would have remaned the old line as the N7000 or something, thus keeping its status...I guess it has something to do with who pays for the road (LCC or NRA )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Galway signposting is a joke too.

Only half the roundabouts in Galway advertise the N6, which is a curse if you dont know the bloody road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement