Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm not sure whether I'm in love with him or the idea of him...

Options
  • 29-04-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So basically I don't know whether I'm in love with my best guy mate (I'm a girl btw) or I just love the idea of him. I mean, we've been friends for years now, but he only recently revealed his true feelings for me - I just told him (this was by text..) that I would prefer to stay friends. All my friends say that we'd make an adorable couple as we truly care about each others feelings but still...I'm not sure if I'd like to risk our friendship for that...I was looking on Tumblr and there was loads of cute couples and I couldn't help but think ''That could be us''...so yeah that's it...all help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

I think if you really wanted him you would know, and you wouldn't question it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I agree. You wouldn't even have posted the question if you were sure you could be a couple. One thing though. I know you've texted saying you just want to be friends. But I would also have a chat to the guy and make that fact very plain. Don't be stringing him along! :D

I'd also stop looking on Tumblr for 'cute' couples. It's just a picture and no more. It doesn't tell the full story.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I agree with the others; if you have to ask the question then maybe it's not for you. However, some of the best relationships form from solid friendships, so bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just from what you've written, the only feeling that I get from your post is that you love him, but there are no sparks whatsoever on a romantic front.

Like others have said, you'd never have to even ask the question if it was on your radar in the first place. From an outsider opinion, you sound like great mates, nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Sometimes the most obvious things in life are staring you in the face, the mere fact that you are asking the question means that you are looking for someone of thing to give you one final shove! what's the worse that can happen? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Love can grow out of friendship. It's after happening to me twice and in both cases I didn't fancy the guy in the slightest for years and then one day, bam! One of them I let slip through my fingers and regretted it for a long time afterwards. I'm still with the other one :) I'm a girl by the way I think for us we can grow to fancy a guy over time. (Not sure if that happens the other way around).

You've got a lot of soul-searching to do girl!

Advertisement