Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Tercel] M1911 crazy gas consumption

Options
  • 23-03-2014 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello,
    Couple of weeks ago I was happy to purchase a m1911 from Tercel. When I received the gas it only fired 10-12 shots. I am loading the mag upside-down. The loading nozzle is not cracked. The magazine is not leaking. When I press the strike valve in though, it doesn't come back (could this be the problem). I am using Ultrair Power Gas so it's not that the gas is too weak. Also i have a leaking mag but I only get the same amount of shots, so might it be the gun rather than the mags? Don't have a fully functional mag to check it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

That's about right for a full metal green gas 1911, had one myself for years and the even on the hottest days I'd get maybe 15 shots max.

Unfortunately with such a small gas chamber and the weight of the slide that's just what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

1911s tend to have small gas reservoir's compared to glocks and hiccapa and add the fact the cold and damp weather were currently having ,
    It might explain why your getting so few shots ,

In saying that I only use Tm hicappas and always get 40+ rounds from a gas fill ,

So might not have Bogey mags just an inefficient metal pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

I have owned and used both tercel and army, part of it is the mags, use a tm one and notice a difference.

Then since you're using the metal gun, shim your mags, and perhaps consider short stroking the recoil spring. Helps with gas efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Troliku

It might be the small gas capacity, but a friend of mine used to own one of these and he got 31-35 shots on one loading of gas so I don't know.

Advertisement