Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Charlie Hebdo in Ireland

• 10-01-2015 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Just wondering does anyone know if Charlie Hebdo's remembrance issue is going to be sold anywhere in Ireland or if the NUJ is going to order some in? Money made on this issue is going to go against rebuilding offices in Paris...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dave987

vinnyme wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know if Charlie Hebdo's remembrance issue is going to be sold anywhere in Ireland or if the NUJ is going to order some in? Money made on this issue is going to go against rebuilding offices in Paris...

Also wondering the same if anyone finds answer, will it be here next Wed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Might be worthwhile checking with the French Embassy or Alliance Francais in Dublin.

Although, I reckon demand will be massive.
    Even a 1m print run probably won't supply the demand in Paris alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Also wondering the same or whether there is an online store where I could buy an original.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Muiris

If any one knows where I can get a copy of Charlie Hebdo in Dublin please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

I think the mosque on the South Circular ordered a few in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 dante2015

They are printing 5 Million copies to cope with demand, according to the papers today, there will be copies available here in ireland, but as to where i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

spar have said some of their shops will be selling them, but its up to individual retailers to order

• Registered Users Posts: 8 linnebet

Sean O'Rourke said on yesterday's Today show that Centra in Blackrock would have some. Probably best to call them before going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

I think the mosque on the South Circular ordered a few in.

:eek: May your third wife run away with the milkman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Emailed Alliance Francais asking if they knew anyone who would be stocking it but they said they weren't aware of any retailers who would be definitely stocking it.

Btw disgraceful that RTE wouldn't show the front page on their item yesterday on the magazine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭TippCashel

Can you get this as an ebook if not living in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Its an app in the apple app store, I'm sure its the same on other platforms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Picked up a copy in O'Connor's newsagents Ennis today; they had a copy prominently posted on the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Picked up mine in o'Mahoneys Limerick. They kept one back for me but maybe had 25 in town and God knows how many in UL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Picked up mine from the street vendor outside Easons on O'Connell St, Dublin.

Mind you 4.95 for a tatty 16 pages!!! I won't be making a habit of this. Now where's my old school French dictionary?

Advertisement