Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a TV bought in Ireland work in Spain?

Options
  • 20-10-2011 7:47pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14

Moving to Spain to work at the moment and am packing up all my stuff. Will a TV bought in Ireland work in Spain? I'm wondering if its worth taking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It depends on how you receive your signal. The majority of Irish/UK people who move to Spain will use a freeview type dish/box. This will connect to the TV using a SCART connector using RGB and analog audio. If this is your intention then the answer is YES.

If on the other hand you intend using a terrestrial signal via a rooftop antenna then you may run into problems. There are multi-standard TV sets on the market capable of PAL-I (our terrestrial broadcast standard) and PAL-BG (the standard employed in most of continental Europe). The difference is simply in the Audio Sub-Carrier signal. 6MHz versus 5.5MHz. If your set is capable of both these standards then you might be ok.

Ken

Advertisement