Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETB job application?

Options
  • 26-11-2014 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Theres a couple of hours going with an etb. I am not registered with them. On the vacancy it has two forms a personal disclosure and an application form but no ask for a cv? Does this mean all i send off is the two forms and no cv? and do i need to be registered with them or is applying for the job an automatic reg with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Siobhan_d13

Not sure what you mean by 'registering' with the ETB - I've applied for a few ETB jobs, it's generally just an application form and a disclosure form. You'll need your wits about you for the application form. They're time-consuming! Best of luck with your application :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dalalada

Not sure what you mean by 'registering' with the ETB - I've applied for a few ETB jobs, it's generally just an application form and a disclosure form. You'll need your wits about you for the application form. They're time-consuming! Best of luck with your application :)

I maybe mixed up with the old VEC system where you have to be on the panel or something. But i also may be right in a way cos there still seems to be a sub panel one can apply to be on but you have to send off your degree. I know its v time consuming, but its like a cv really except when you get to the supporting statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Siobhan_d13

I find the supporting statement the easiest part - copy and paste! The formatting on some of the ETB forms can be a nightmare.

I find the supporting statement the easiest part - copy and paste! The formatting on some of the ETB forms can be a nightmare.

my first time doing it you see. joys of being a brand NQT. You mean formatting as in when your typing in the details on the pc?

how much have you written for your supporting statement may i ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

dalalada wrote: »
    how much have you written for your supporting statement may i ask?

General rule is never more than a page. I usually have three paragraphs but everyones different.

Any tips on what to write in it? should it be personal or business? as in using a lot of "I"

Advertisement