Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair gel for thin/light hair

Options
  • 12-09-2014 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

When I gel my hair it just stays flat on my head and there is no substance to it whatsoever. I use Brylcreem. any ideas for me? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

IMO brylcream is one of the worst hair gels out there. Maybe try red dax or one of those fiber putty ones. I always give my hair a toweling afterwards to make it look a bit more natural/messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Brylcreem isn't gel- it's a hair cream and it won't do anything for hair like yours. (I have the same hair)

If you wan structure if highly recommend a product like Sauvecito or Layrite (tons of barbers sell products like this now)- it's pricey but worth it. If you're on a budget try something like Lynx gel wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If you want volume, a blow dryer is your friend. But that can get fiddly and it does take time to learn how to do it right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

d680539f-300a-4a7a-9ddf-88db2af6b70aMainImage.png
    I use something like above for some shine and hold.

luxury-soft-goats-hair-baby-brush-__600.jpg
    Then becuase its thin and "clumps" I use a soft hair brush to style it. Keeps strans more spread out. A hair dryer would add some volume if you wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tiny, pea-sized amount of wax or putty onto your hand, rub hands together for an even coating, scrub hands vigorously all over hair and leave (for the messy look). Get a "re-create styling putty" for ease of re-messing-up up to a day later.

Advertisement