Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ajax

Options
  • 24-04-2007 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Google's not helping me today.

Anyone got any good Ajax resources, particularly with handling forms?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

in .NET you can use the AJAX toolkit which is dead handy.

Or for an autocomplete sample (AJAX in a form) try here

http://javanet1-staging.locaweb.com/ajax-autocomplete/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

what do you mean by an AJAX "resource" ???

Are you "rolling your own", so to speak? Or looking for options?

There's a lot of frameworks already out there - its mostly a case of what you want to use.

Some of the (Java) guys in the office have been playing with Google Web Toolkit. Its apparently not bad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I use prototype. Allows me to do AJAX calls with a minimum of script and do it unobtrusively unlike the frankly horrible toolkit Microsoft have released. This from a .net developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

/me checks out prototype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

http://mootools.net/ .. think Prototype only a whole lot smaller. Have made the switch on about 11 or 12 projects now, and haven't noticed anything lacking in Moo so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Anthem for .net is amazing.

Basically you have all the .net controls that can be used exactly the same way but you dont need to do postbacks to make server calls.

Prototype is also handy too

Advertisement