Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weirauch 97kt

Options
  • 03-07-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

any of you guys got a 18lbs 97, i have one at 12 lbs and was thinking about taking it up a notch. what sort of groups are you getting and at what yds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

What pellets are suiting it now. I'm hoping to pick up my one next week but dont know what it is running at yet. I expect about 14 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

What pellets are suiting it now. I'm hoping to pick up my one next week but dont know what it is running at yet. I expect about 14 or so

If it's sold as a new fac version rated 18fpe, it will probably be very close to that or exceed it with the right weight pellet.

Easiest way to check is invest in a chrono. It's worth the money with air rifles as you will see power drop off if something mechanical changes such as a seal or spring problem (easily fixed) and also allows you tweak your set up and give you accurate data for ballistics apps.

14-16gr would possibly be the best for you in that rifle. Try some jsb exacts, air arms Hunter or field as a starting point.

I've no problem sending you a sample pack of each to try as I have a good selection of pellets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

I know you have know problem with the sample pack and I appreciate it but I thought the lad above would give me a starting point.

It's not new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I know you have know problem with the sample pack and I appreciate it but I thought the lad above would give me a starting point.

It's not new

It's a total different power rifle so its going to shoot well with different pellets to yours. A starting point would be to try a couple of batches of the ones mentioned. Anyway best of luck with it when you get it. But I would suggest getting a chronograph to check the power as something as simple as a tired breech seal could be depriving you of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jmcp

hand n fft are giving me about a 10mm group @ 30 yds. jsb are 20mm. on one other forum a fellow shows pics of his 97 shooting 5p groups at 50 yds with rws hollow point . i wonder about that but you never know with different barrels,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

Mine delivered 13.8 ft.lb using H&N field target. Never achieved anything close to 18 ft.lb with any pellet. 10mm groups at 25m were the norm and good for a .22 springer I think.

Advertisement