Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

1680 hours

Jaysus I need a life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Well....the hype train is well and truly derailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

tis a joke , did anyone this side of the planet get in? Loads of my American teammates are playing and we cant even sign .
    Edit: been trying since 10 on the dot and it's now telling me 47 minutes later that im 21900 in the que ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Well....the hype train is well and truly derailed

I'd argue that given the amount trying to log in the train reached its destination in record time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'd argue that given the amount trying to log in the train reached its destination in record time.

I think this would be an accurate depiction of the Destiny Hype Train right now.

5349116-1336257617-giphy.gif

I think this would be an accurate depiction of the Destiny Hype Train right now.

5349116-1336257617-giphy.gif

+1 for Elizabeth Olsen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Well, stuck in the office today, so not so bad for me. Still must be a pain for the people who took time off to play. Its a pretty bad screw up to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This is normal for online games though. That's why if you're gonna do it you take the second day off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

AdamD wrote: »
    This is normal for online games though.

It really shouldn't be. Don't get me wrong, the problem there trying to solve is a bloody hard one, and I am sure the guys they have working on this will learn from it, but I think the gaming industry needs to do better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll take 2 hours downtime over the clusterf**k that was GTA Online anyhow. Disappointing that it happened, but look, 2 hours, not the end of the world. Seems to have been actioned fairly quickly tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hopscotch Pilgram is now a drop in crucible? I know they've murdered that archetype but I loved that gun in crucible for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

j65oD9B.jpg

E1prC5B.jpg

This was a frustrating hour of my life. Damn SIVA cores... :rolleyes:

Glad I made it up without a guide though! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Less of the spoilers please while we are stuck in work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

PlainP wrote: »

Leaving work

m5ZV4zl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

PlainP wrote:

I remember pics from the level inside VoG being posted on the psn chat as I loaded up HoW on day 1, was gutted about that one.

PetKing wrote: »
    I remember pics from the level inside VoG being posted on the psn chat as I loaded up HoW on day 1, was gutted about that one.

I've turned off notifications. I'm not looking at PSN chat or turning notifications on again until I've finished the story on all 3 chars.

Vendor weapons!! Discuss who I should throw my money at! Things grabbing my eye include the crucible sniper and hand cannon, and new monarchy's auto rifle. Have yet to check FWC and DO.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Ringing those bells for the achievements is hilarious with randoms running up and hitting random bells

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Vendor weapons!! Discuss who I should throw my money at! Things grabbing my eye include the crucible sniper and hand cannon, and new monarchy's auto rifle. Have yet to check FWC and DO.

Dead Orbit Shotty is excellent
    Crucible Handcannon is meant to be good (I haven't gotten it yet)

Is the PlayStation app as good as useless for everyone else? The group chat was the only thing I logged on to it for, which is inaccessible and never loads.

Is the PlayStation app as good as useless for everyone else? The group chat was the only thing I logged on to it for, which is inaccessible and never loads.

The update did slow it down a little bit yeah (Didn't think that was possible), but seems to be okay? now. I no longer have to scroll from the top of the chat every time someones posts something, which is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I uninstalled the PS apps and completely started from scratch, seemed to do the business for me, not spectacular but operational, on Android.

dudeeile wrote:
    I uninstalled the PS apps and completely started from scratch, seemed to do the business for me, not spectacular but operational, on Android.

I'll try that, ta.

My Titan used so much Armour Of Light and Immobius in some of these missions, hilarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

dudeeile wrote: »

I logged out and back in again, it worked on the second try.
    PS messaging app is working well for me again.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cormac... wrote: »
    Dead Orbit Shotty is excellent
    Crucible Handcannon is meant to be good (I haven't gotten it yet)
    That the one called Comedian or something like that?

awec wrote: »
    That the one called Comedian or something like that?

No, the new one is Last-Ditch 001
    Pros - Very high range and max range. Can still hit the range cap using Hand Loaded and Hammer Forged with Aggressive Ballistics.
    Neutral - Average mag size.
    Cons - Below average reload speed. Very low aim assist and equip speed.
    Rate of Fire: 8
    Impact: 67 (22 damage per pellet, 264 damage total)
    Range: 23
    Max Range: 32
    Reload Speed: 29
    Mag Size: 5
    Aim Assist: 29
    Equip Speed: 29
    Recommended Perks:
    Column 1 - CQB Ballistics
    Column 2 - Quickdraw
    Column 3 - Hammer Forged
    Column 4 - Rangefinder
    The Matador class of very high-impact shotguns was on a short hiatus during year two, but they're making their return felt with the Dead Orbit Last-Ditch 001. With a tremendously high base range of 23, this gun is capable of killing Guardians with a single blast at distances other shotguns can only dream of. The vendor version isn't perfect, as it lacks a good barrel perk, but Quickdraw, Hammer Forged, and Rangefinder make a deadly combination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

:( Still no internet

:( Still no internet

If you live above a post office contact Beard. He knows a guy.

• Advertisement

I will happily pass a red bar connection on to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Nothing seems to be decrypting above 331 for me. Aren't blues supposed to go to 340?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wing126 wrote: »
    Nothing seems to be decrypting above 331 for me. Aren't blues supposed to go to 340?

Blue engrams decrypt upto 340, but will only decrypt 3-5 above your current LL at most of which there is now only a 50% of it giving a higher LL at all.

Wing126 wrote: »

I'm 335 light and they're decrypting up to 340.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've really just being doing bounties and ranking up factions etc. Getting 340-343 gear at present. Just realised I could have bought 350 stuff from the vendors/factions for marks. I'm such an idiot.
    Back to farming for marks. So want the Dead Orbit shotgun. The FWC stuff has very good rolls and the FWC scout is the hung jury in disguise. Vanguard guy is selling a unique archetype scout (mini Mida)

I said it to the lads last night, I kind of roamed about the place aimlessly buying this or that. Decrypted a tonne of exotics far too hastily. Read some SGA on levelling sensibly on Reddit and had major remorse. It's killing me to do it, but the strikes are helping me level up now. Reaching 350 in all slots os my goal. The 340 loot pinata is wrecking my head.

Edit: Ran my second character through the story in about an hour. Going to run my final one tonight, hoping to break that record! :D had hoped to run the story through on hard, but it seems that character has to play them once on normal first before heroic is an option.

Any good guides on what to spend my hard earned Marks on?

To be honest, all the vendor (Warlock) gear looks muck. I really don't like the pointed birdlike helmet and that's all they sell now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

To be honest, all the vendor (Warlock) gear looks muck. I really don't like the pointed birdlike helmet and that's all they sell now :/

The vendors and I think the speaker sell 350 ghosts and class items. You can trade in a legendary class engram for a class item once the Iron temple unlocks for you - so maybe do that first.
    The DO shotgun and the crucible QM hand cannon seem to be top of the vendor pile at the moment.

I spent the marks on a Ghost. Get that Dinklebot imposter leveled up first. The rest will fall in to place
    nevelator wrote: »
    The vendors and I think the speaker sell 350 ghosts and class items. You can trade in a legendary class engram for a class item once the Iron temple unlocks for you - so maybe do that first.
    The DO shotgun and the crucible QM hand cannon seem to be top of the vendor pile at the moment.

I got the shotgun from a rank package, and the rolls are rank.

nevelator wrote: »

Just found this thread on Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/53nhin/tower_vendor_rolls_thread/

People saying the Crucible hand cannon is good, that's news to me :/

I'd really like to get a good H.C. but my heart has been broken too many times :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just found this thread on Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/53nhin/tower_vendor_rolls_thread/

People saying the Crucible hand cannon is good, that's news to me :/

I'd really like to get a good H.C. but my heart has been broken too many times :'(

Eyasluna archetype and near god roll, good hc.

The Crucible sniper is also fantastic, high impact sniper with shortgaze and hidden hand.

The Reddit guide I read on increasing your LL touched on this. They recommended buying the ghost, and getting the class item. Spend marks on armour as it's cheaper. Choose weapons from rank up packages to fill in the blanks. This part is a pain... Save all the blues for the weakest armour part on weakest character, eg: hunter arms are 341. Decrypt the blue arms first, and check do they up the LL. Equip and continue decrypting on next lowest piece.

The Reddit guide I read on increasing your LL touched on this. They recommended buying the ghost, and getting the class item. Spend marks on armour as it's cheaper. Choose weapons from rank up packages to fill in the blanks. This part is a pain... Save all the blues for the weakest armour part on weakest character, eg: hunter arms are 341. Decrypt the blue arms first, and check do they up the LL. Equip and continue decrypting on next lowest piece.

Problem there is Blues don't go beyond 340.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They do as drops for Heroic strikes tho.

jonnycivic wrote: »

Ah did not know that. Some Heroic farming tonight so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah did not know that. Some Heroic farming tonight so.

Yup, up to 365 from what the bungie app says i think :)

Got the Khvostov yesterday. Nice gun, and a great mission to get the last bit. Will be working on getting the Gally next. I got all the medallions for it. Need to do the mission next.

Does anyone know what atunement is for getting the artifact from the ROI cryptarch?

jonnycivic wrote:

Yes in strikes. My hunter went from 335 to 348 yesterday in about 5/6 hours. Heroic strikes are challenging, but for the blues alone, are worth it. Salty was wearing some 365 (the circle is complete!) blue boots at one stage yesterday during his lightning level ups. :)

wes wrote:
    Does anyone know what atunement is for getting the artifact from the ROI cryptarch?

I think it's the mission from Shiro for acts of Valour (?), Just kill stuff in the plague lands. You go to Tyra and the atunement is lighting of the corresponding iron lords fire pit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What's the recommended LL for the Raid?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement