Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2015 Edition

Options
  • 02-01-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭

Completed my first game of 2015 last night (most of the play was in 2014 obviously!) so thought I'd start this year's thread.

The 2012 thread is here.

The 2013 thread is here.

The 2014 thread is here.

So here we go...

PC

- Far Cry 3: fun game but a bit of a slog in the end, felt like I rushed through the final act. I often do this with games featuring a lot of collecting-type side quests; at the start I was really into capturing outposts, hunting and crafting, the Trials of the Rakyat, etc... but got bored with it all after 20 hours of game time and finished off the main story line during a marathon session (for me!) yesterday, think I ended up with 26 hours total play time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Completed Ryse: Son of Rome yesterday, it's okay. Very linear and you cannot venture anywhere outside of the story at all. It's fun for a while and the executions are fun but there's not much gameplay in it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ Launch Title Game Summary right there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Infamous: Second Son. Really fun game, I've read about how some people don't like the definite good/bad side to it but I enjoyed that part especially.

I've played enough games recently where everything is morally grey so to get a game where you're given the choice to be either a true hero or a sadistic asshole (I'm guessing, I haven't completed the bad side...) appeals to me.

Luckily, the DLC is free on PSN this month so I'll give that a go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I just completed The Sims, now on to Sim City.
    I enjoy a good challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bad Piggies (mobile) - Great little timekiller while in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC Wolfenstein New Order

Enjoyable game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Borderlands GOTY edition.
    Borderlands 2 GOTY edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I finished Dust: An Elysian Tale this morning. It was really enjoyable if a bit on the easy side. It's also a great looking platformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

I bought a few games in the steam sale.
    Working throough tales of maj eyal at the moment, im getting further each time but ill finish sometime during this year even if it destroys my social life hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Borderlands GOTY edition.
    Borderlands 2 GOTY edition.

You got both Borderlands with all DLC done in less then 3 days thats nuts :O.

Took me about 2 weeks to get Borderlands 2 GOTY done on the Vita with the DLC had like 46 euros game time done on it :eek:

Did you do any of the side missions at all ?.

• Advertisement

You got both Borderlands with all DLC done in less then 3 days thats nuts :O.

Took me about 2 weeks to get Borderlands 2 GOTY done on the Vita with the DLC had like 46 euros game time done on it :eek:

Did you do any of the side missions at all ?.

Actually now that I think of it they should have gone into 2014. As I completed them in December and a bit of January. I done nearly all of the side missions in the first, except the impossible ones (the ones they give after you finish) and the collect 100 zombie heads. I put 65 hours into first and roughly the same into second. Did not complete Big game hunt DLC found it too difficult at the beginning. Might go back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

lertsnim wrote: »
    I finished Dust: An Elysian Tale this morning. It was really enjoyable if a bit on the easy side. It's also a great looking platformer.

I really enjoyed that game, story was genuinely very good for a short indie platform and it had a pretty nice atmosphere overall.

I finished Shadow of Mordor last night, great game overall, would highly recommend to AC fans or Batman fans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

This year... only new game that I've 'finished' so far was the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands... loved the humour in that game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just completed my first game of 2015.

CoD: Advanced Warfare [PS4]

A very enjoyable campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I finished The Walking Dead: Season 1 again today. I got it cheap in a sale before Christmas. It was a struggle to play through it again. So many characters I hated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Just finished The Walking Dead Season 1 for the first time. Terrific game, wasn't taken with it at first but I'm glad I got season 2 in the sale regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mathrew

I've started The Walking Dead, but I haven't completed it yet, and most of my games. haha

Completed Tomb Raider 2013. Pretty good but found it completely different than previous versions. The tombs were easier than previous versions I found as well or maybe it's because I'm older, I don't really know I just found them easy. I wouldn't recommend spending the extra on the dlc tomb. Imo it brought nothing new to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mathrew

I've also started Naruto Ninja Storm 3 a few days ago, I played the adventure but I got bored so I play now the battle and unlock some characters. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Resistance Burning Skies - Ps Vita

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wrapped up Shadow of Mordor at last, the Hunt DLC is there looking at me, but I'm disappointed by what a half-arsed effort they put into that, so I might leave it till there's some more stuff out so I can throw myself back into it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Just finished Pariah for Xbox. It's okay. combat is satisfying but the story is pretty forgetful for the most part. Local multiplayer is fun, as is the map editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just finished GTA V and Far Cry 3 on PS3. They've been sitting there ages waiting to be played.

I really enjoyed both, but I was completely underwhelmed by the Far Cry 3 ending. The choices made absolutely no sense. Death by snu-snu??

The enemy AI is pretty funny at times too. Sitting on the side of a mountain clearing an outpost when all of a sudden one of them has decided to walk up the mountain path to see who has fired a suppressed sniper from 300m away, ha.

The third one I cleared I shot one sniper, the rest of the camp cleared out to find me, I'm behind a rock down the hill trying to figure out how to do it without being detected. Two minutes later "outpost cleared" pops up on my screen. They walked into a field full of dingoes and cassowary, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bad Piggies (mobile) - Great little timekiller while in work.

Adding Halo CE from the Master Chief Collection

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I've just started Persona 4 Golden so my next post should be some time in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Valiant Hearts for the PS4. Really enjoyed it except the vehicle chase sections.
    Really nice art style and I liked how they built up the characters through voiceovers.
    That ending though :(

Battlefield 4 on PC. It was a fairly good game, kinda short. Very difficult to play a PC game with xbox controller when all the on screen buttons are designed for PC. Takes a while to figure out which does what. Some games pick up you are using xbox controller and change all the on screen buttons to xbox but not this game, very frustrating.

Arkham Origins, had it on Steam back catalogue for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Resistance Burning Skies - Ps Vita

Alien Isolation - PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Adding to my 2015 list

CoD: Advanced Warfare [PS4]

Adding

Assassin's Creed: Unity [PS4] - Certainly the best looking AC game ever but not even the best AC game of 2014. Still really enjoyed it though.

Advertisement