Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a domain from third party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Well it could really go to ways.. Godaddy might charge u pittance or an arm and a leg its weird the way they do it.
    Is it due to run out soon.. u may get lucky ??
    Firstly .. Go to the company itself with a lowball offer hoping they might sell you it.. If its a domain trader it might get messy with costs :(

I suggest even do its a little more expensive using escrow for the domain name .. its pretty easy to follow through if its not too expensive you could chance the regular old methods of hoping they might follow through with the transfer.
    Escrow costs maybe in the region of 30-40 euros..
    Secondly go to godaddy and use their services that autobid for your domain name with the owner itself heres hoping u might get it sorted quickly and cheaply .

All in i would expect the whole transfer to cost you in the region of 80-100 euros.. I suspect he will ask for 50 odd :(

Best of luck buddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Condi wrote: »

Well with escrow the domain would be ideally transferred to them and the payment is held in escrow.. the Domain is passed to your carrier, its only a digi number that they do it takes a few minutes is all and you have it. Once your happy and tell escrow they release the money to him the original owner ..

If you use the normal method.. Paypal him the money i very much doubt he will transfer the domain name first. If indeed he is honest he will send the digi code to get domain name pushed to your carrier. Thats it .. :P

Ideally my advice is to use escrow but the charges i feel are steep.. if indeed its a lowball cheap price transfer i would personally paypal it .. but again its your baby ..
    Weight up your options and best of luck

cheers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Condi wrote: »

It's business :)

I paid a 3 figure sum for michele.me and would do so again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭jmcc

Blacknight wrote: »
    It's business :)

I paid a 3 figure sum for michele.me and would do so again
    Don't be giving registries ideas like that. :) Most people don't understand that the domain business is actually a business.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement