Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer/winter foundation - change?

• 18-10-2007 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

This may be a dozy question, but do you guys change foundations in winter and summer?

I'm finding that my lovely foundation that looked great in the summer is now looking a bit too dark for my skin. Not looking quite tangoed, but near enough for my liking, so I guess I'm going to have to buy a lighter shade..

Does everyone have a summer and a winter shade?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭cas91

No I don't actually think its a stupid question..
    Generally I would change the shade because in the Summer its in most cases brighter... so its less likely to detect lines etc.. however in the Winter if you rshade is very dark and you have pale skin, it wil appear more apparently because of the darkness portraying a greater contrast.
    Even just a shade brighter... would be a big difference!!
    Hope Im a help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭dollydrops

I don't change my foundation according to the seasons.
    I have a lighter one for daytime and work then I have a darker one for going out.

Where you wearing tan during the summer?
    Because you probably needed a darked foundation then for your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Hey

Thanks for that. No I wasn't wearing tan during the summer but spent the guts of a month away so was quite tanned for a large part of the summer and I guess my tan has totally disappeared now so I'm noticing a change. I can't remember when I bought the foundation but I'm thinking I probably bought it when I was tanned which would explain that I guess!

I might just get the same on in a lighter shade and pack the one I'm using away until next summer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Now that you mention it actually, the last few days i've been thinking i've looked quite tangoed..

I usually have 1 foundation for going out (for when i've tan on) and then a lighter day time one.

Suppose you can change foundation depending on the weather

Advertisement