Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corsets

• 25-09-2007 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a corset - I've never had one before. The guy I'm dating, his birthday is coming up, and I want to look nice for him. ;)
    I've asked a few of my guy friends, and they all seem to think black is the way to go. But I'm leaning more toward something with color. My coloring is similar to the actress Anne Hathaway - very dark hair and eyes, pale skin. Black isn't a bad color for me, but I usually find that I look better with some color.
    These are some of the ones I'm considering so far. The first one also comes in purple and red, and the second one comes in red as well. The last one is the classic black option.

option 1

option 2

option 3

Any help or any other suggestions are appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

option two is gorgeous in the picture. u shud get that colour. fab!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Wow those are very classy corsets. Beautiful! Where are they available? I wants one! In answer to your question, it's very much personal choice, but I think option 2 is a gorgeous combination of colours and would look lovely on ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭curiousxxx1

Option 2 please... that colour is stunning:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

1 or 2 tbh.

all black is just a bit well, bland tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

option 2 is the way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

it depends on the guy in my experience, my current bf hates ones with lace but he's a bit fussy (i still wear mine though :) ). saying that go for what YOU like not what his mates say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Option 2.

Just be careful - not all guys love corsets, I got one for my wedding night and my husband hated it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

2 is gorgeous, 1 is nice too, 3 is just boring. I say go with 2, where is it from? I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Thanks guys! I'm actually living in the states, so I got the corsets from the online Fredericks of Hollywood store. It's decently priced and has more of a selection than Victoria's Secret.
    It's funny because all of my American friends have liked option 1 or 3, and everyone else prefers option 2. I guess Americans don't like lace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Option 1 looks like it could flatten the assets or make them a funny shape, Option 2 is gorgeous, Option 3 is nice but boring. Hope he appreciates it! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 clarabelz

Definitely option 2 - it's lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Shockin Stockin

Option 2 is gorgeous! Just tried to get one but they don't deliver outside US/Canada! Grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Pity they don't deliver to Ireland, there's some really gorgeous stuff on that website. And you've probably made up your mind OP, but I'd go for for 2 (unless you're seriously pale, in which case it might be too dark for you) or else 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

No. 2 is gorgeous!. Out of curiosity is the frill at the end better if you have very slight hips or a curves?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I think I'm going with option 2!
    The frill is definitely better with slighter hips. It can create the appearance of a few more curves, if you're in need of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Options 2 and 3 for sure! Spunk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

They're all lovely, if I had to choose I'd go with no. 2 though, the colour and detail is just gorgeous!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Well, my choice is.............tension rising........Option 2! LOL Pity you can't post pics of you modelling it, think yr B/F would have something to say though! Ah well, I can dream! Take care and hope both you and he enjoys it.

DJ Spider X x X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I think the second one is gorgeous!! Where can I get it ??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else and say no 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I'm looking for a corset - I've never had one before.
    For your first go for four inches less than your uncorsetted waist size. Any smaller than that is almost definitely way too ambitious. For that matter, don't insist on all four inches being cinched down - if it isn't happening, it isn't happening.
    Are you sure they're real corsets? They look a bit like they might be the sort of torsolette that looks a bit like a corset, but doesn't have proper boning. If you're buying online it's important to be careful about what they say on the boning so you don't get ripped off by paying corset prices for a mere basque. If it's not proper metal boning (or whalebone, but that's next to impossible to get these days) then don't waste your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Option 2 in incredible - GET IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Whichever one you think would suit your shape best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

If you have the time (and money) you should really get fitted for a corset with a seamstress.

If not, these are sumptuous:

http://www.corsetheaven.com/shop/item_show.asp?code_no=V1905S

Corsets maybe up to 21 working days to be manufactured.
    All corsets are individually manufactured to your order.
    Please allow for the maxiumum time should you be planning an event

USA delivery:

Below $246 : Delivery = $15.99

Advertisement