Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinted Moisturiser?.

Options
  • 16-10-2007 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

I don`t wear foundation, I just use light reflective concealer for the eyes etc. I`m not a fan of the caked on look, I like my make up to look as "natural" as possible. Also, my skin is not at its best so I really don`t want anything that will cloy or be quite greasy. The nearest to foundation I see myself would be TM, any recommendations on good brands?. I have pale skin that I am getting a bit sick of.

Further to the latter sentence I want to try a blusher/bronzer product. Nothing too dark!. Something that could add some colour esp to my arms/shoulders when out and about as they are ten times paler than my face!.
    Should I stay away from any kind of bronzer full stop since my complexion is pale? (brown hair, blue eyes with bit of brown).

Kudos if anyone gets this far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Have you ever though about mineral foundation?
    You can have it as light as you like and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything at all.
    Loreal have a mineral range that lasts forever...and isadora have one too.
    You might like it!
    Also, I hear the laura mercier tinted moisturizer is brill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi,
    I use benefits 'some kind of gorgeous' and loreals mineral powder instead of foundation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I`ve never heard of mineral powder, does it even out the complexion or what?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

check out everydayminerals.com if you want to try mineral make up.they send you free samples,all you have to do is pay for postage,about 4e.you get to pick three colours of foundation,a bronzer/blusher and concealer sample..ive heard its very good and am waiting on my samples to arrive..its loose powder type substance and made of only natural ingredients and you buff it on with a small brush..its really popular in the states and its starting to catch on over here now.

But tinted mosturiser is also a good option..I tested the laura Mercier one and seemed lovely,kinda dewy and plae enough but you'd have to try it on your face..(not enough coverage for me tho unfortch) maybe try and get a sample off one of the girls at the counter..they sometines say that they dont give them but if you bring in your only little pot they will,so be prepared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

oh yeah, makeupalley.com is a good site for getting reviews of products before you buy..a good reference point before splashing out on someting pricey..you have to join but its free..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

The mineral stuff really does even out the complexion...it's adjustable coverage, so you can build it up if you need more.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ggirl

Hi,
    I find Stila's tinted moisturiser great. Like you I don't like wearing 'obvious' make-up but this is light and gives a natural looking sort of sheen to your skin. I have black hair, light skin and blue eyes so think I would be quite similar to your colouring and it definitely suits mine alright.

As for the bronzer I have tried various ones on the recommentdation of friends but no matter how lightly I use it I just find it looks fake. I think I am finally accepting I am pale! Friends love Lancome's and i think it is called "Flash Bronzer" or something like that.
    Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I`ve gone with Vichy "Sheer Radiance Tinted Moisturiser". The lady at the counter was very helpful and tried one or two products on me. I also indulged in Clarins "Bronzing Duo Compact". One a bronzer the other a blusher. Also got some free make up brushes, so I`m happy happy! :D.

Advertisement