Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No, really, it's all John Gormley's fault......

Options
  • 01-01-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭

..for me placing this:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=41488

Am I slowing down, getting something......'friendly' ?

Am I f*ck ! I'm getting something madder, before they're all gone !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Pictures say a thousand words.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

indeed they do, and they will.........tomorrow. It's just that pics taken on the camera phone @ 23:27hrs won't be too hot......;)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...Am I f*ck ! I'm getting something madder....

:D:D:D

Round of applause for galwaytt cos he's alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'd the rules before reposting that if I were you ;)

Soliciting PMs is a no no too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

All I get is:

You do not have permission for this action!

No 968s for sale on adverts.ie either?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'd the rules before reposting that if I were you ;)

Soliciting PMs is a no no too.
    JHMEG wrote: »
    All I get is:

No 968s for sale on adverts.ie either?

Must have been taken down by a mod if he asked people to PM him

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

So what mad yoke are you getting, galwaytt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

All I get is:

I got the same too.

The ad was removed, for PM solicitation (not as much fun as it sounds) and personal contact info therein, hence my comment about reposting ;)

All sorted now, nothing to see here ¬.¬

The ad was removed, for PM solicitation (not as much fun as it sounds) and personal contact info therein, hence my comment about reposting ;)
    That's a bit embarassing for the OP!;) LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if only there was a link under where an avatar might be so you could see all his adverts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Good marketing ploy galwaytt, now everyone wants to know about it, I must remember this tactic:). What are you getting instead? Nothing electric I presume, with all this talk of hybrids and electrics this thread might as well be changed from "motors" to "domestic appliances":rolleyes:.

it would appear that 'soliciting' pm's was 'non-grata', so I took that out. Then it seems putting your phone no on adverts.ie was also non-grata, so that was 'taken out' for me.......in toto, as it were. Hence it existing.........nowhere, for now.

I had planned to put up pics on the ad etc today, and duly took them in the sun...........and then I lost the phone. Bloody hell - it could be out in the field out the back........mmmmmmmm, is the K800i waterproof, I wonder...:rolleyes:

Sorry for all the confusion, I was just placing the ad automatically as if in a paper, and stuck in the phone number. Besides, I'd be interested to know anyone has ever bought anything 'capital' through public postings on the internet - it's not exactly a secondhand PS2 we're talking about........

As for what's next? Mmmm, I just drove a 270bhp TT - omg omg omg ! :D:D However, I've btdt twice, so will try an RX-8 and 993 first, before committing. I've also tried the Alfa GT. Mmmm, bloody nice interior.....Stromboli Grey with Red Leather - seats as nice as the Porsche, better than the TT's.....more, 'hugging' than the Audi.

I will, as they say, keep ye posted.

Ode To The Motorist

RX-8? A 1.3l 4-pot, like? I seriously thought you were planning on getting someting mad there :p

Sorry for all the confusion, I was just placing the ad automatically as if in a paper, and stuck in the phone number.

No bother, GLWS as they say.

All the Motors brethren will be watching now ;)

edit: Actually, I should clarify the situation regarding the ad rules, in light of your post, as there is somewhat of an anomaly when it comes to something as expensive as a motor. Basically, viewing is a must when it comes to cars, but the posting of numbers emails cbg ads or whatever is verboten, because it encourages dealing off thread and is unfair on other users. For a mobile or whatever, that can be bought more or less unseen, that is not an issue, but for a car, no one would do so.

The policy is this, agree a tentative price/express an interest on thread, and then setup a viewing, keeping it all on thread and transparent (bar the personal details of course, for obvious reasons). No one is committed to anything at this point, and everyone (including other users) knows what the craic is.

I viewed a Daewoo MPV recently, advertised as showroom condition, and missing nothing but a badge off the rear hatch. When I viewed it (a two hour drive away :mad:), every panel was scratched, the interior looked like it was lived in by Swampy and his mates, the exhaust rattled, along with both front wishbones, the ECU light was on, and she rolled like the Cutty Sark in a tornado.

Needless to say, I walked :)

unkel wrote: »
    RX-8? A 1.3l 4-pot, like? I seriously thought you were planning on getting someting mad there :p

An RX-8 isn't a 4-pot. Actually, it's a no-pot.

Twin rotors, yes, pistons, no. The greens'll just love it !

Ode To The Motorist

No bother, GLWS as they say.

All the Motors brethren will be watching now ;)

how do I edit thread title? I can only edit the body it seems........need to correct 'gormally'.....:rolleyes:

Ode To The Motorist

Dunno if you saw my 250+bhp thread, but I'm looking for something with serious poke for feck all money at moment too. Have narrowed it down to (prob) 300zx tt (has won stacks of awards), or (less likely) a gto tt (fat elvis?). I'd love an rx-7 but it eats rotors, and the rx-8 is pure soft core. My auld '91 DA6 Intergra was a match for the low power rx-8, much to my surprise.

Supra, Skyline GTR and NSX cost too much €€€ so are not in the running. Porsche 944 turbo is an option, but is a 4-cyl when all the Japs are doing 6!

Suppose you could say I'm looking for max bhp per €.

actually, I did see that.

I'm coming from a slightly different angle : I'm looking specifically for a coupe, and a 2+2 at that. Looking for a torque kick more than a bhp kick, so the GT was a surprise for me - less bhp on paper than my last TT, but pulled better.....mmmmmm, and big rear seats too.

'sfunny about the 6-pot vs 4-pot thing - I prefer the 4-pots, actually. Flat 6 is a different thing, though. Actually, that's one thing I do like about the 968 - it's a (very) large 4-pot.

Ode To The Motorist

I'm after a coupe aswell, 2+2, as I have 2 kids... all cars I've mentioned, with the exception of the NSX, have back seats. Is there such a thing as torque kick.. I mean torque is great.. for pulling pianos up hill etc, but bhp is what matters for flat out speed.

The Alfa.. too much power to the front wheels. High-ish power FWD that can handle = DC2/5 ITR. Was it Top Gear that referred to high power FWD Alfas as "as mad as badgers".

• Advertisement

yes but the diesel is better, more torque at lower revs = less wheelspin than horsing a petrol one......

Ode To The Motorist

yes but the diesel is better, more torque at lower revs = less wheelspin than horsing a petrol one......
    Wheelspin is cool, especially when one can precisely control it:D.

(Diesel is not better: it's dirty, smelly, and slow)

how do I edit thread title? I can only edit the body it seems........need to correct 'gormally'.....:rolleyes:

Unkel or Kbannon will do that for you :)

Isn't the correct spelling "Gormless"?

Wheelspin is cool, especially when one can precisely control it:D.

(Diesel is not better: it's dirty, smelly, and slow)

tut tut tut JHMEG.....time to look up winners of LeMans etc recently.....530d quicker than a Boxster in midrange..........

btw - pics of you-know-what now up you-know-where....;)

and no, didn't find the phone......dug out ones from before Christmas...

Ode To The Motorist

530d quicker than a Boxster
    What about 530d vs 300ZX twin turbo?

I think you'll find diesel disappointing..

time for an update: I've bought a 968 Tiptronic to replace my manual one, at least until July - if the SO likes it, she'll keep it long-term.

So, I'll be collecting the new one Saturday, and will be parking the manual, until sold. Accordingly, I've amended the price to generate some interest - see ad in the sig.

Oh, passed it's NCT last week too, so nothing to do there.

Ode To The Motorist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

unkel wrote: »

4 pot?someone givethis guy a darwin award please

its 2 rotars , not 4 pistons you burke :rolleyes:
    What about 530d vs 300ZX twin turbo?

I think you'll find diesel disappointing..

300zx...the 190 or 240 ps version ?? either way there bother heavier then the bmw and tbh....they pull quiet nicely for a diesel...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

S.I.R wrote: »
    4 pot?someone givethis guy a darwin award please

its 2 rotars , not 4 pistons you burke :rolleyes:

personal insults? to the mod of the motors board?

lulz

• Advertisement
Advertisement