Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saab 93 TiD 150 or Honda Accord CDTI?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

christy02 wrote: »
    My accord is black but with cream leather. Goes nice imo.

That Saab is 120bhp. Easy to know the 150bhp has oil filler cap on the right of block as you look at it. 120bhp on left.

I found that as well, a lot are advertised as 150 but actually 120. I had no interest in the 120 I imagine its underpowered.

Can I ask how do you know it's a 120? carcheck.ie isn't giving me any info other than it's a Vector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

bear1 wrote: »
    Can I ask how do you know it's a 120? carcheck.ie isn't giving me any info other than it's a Vector.

Its in his post - the oil filler is located differently on 8v and 16v motors.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-saab-93-vector-1-9tid-150bhp/7460452

This is the one we are talking about yeah? Or maybe you pasted the wrong Saab?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

ah, i see. No, it was the other light colored one - the ad had a picture of the engine. Dunno about the black one, except that if i was buying one, I;d be going for that one!! They look great in that colour combo.

You could just ask the owner - most saab owners will know!

I would ask but with just under 2 months until I can buy it seems pointless asking the sellers questions.
    Time couldn't go by any slower!!
    To make matters worse, I was in a shopping centres carpark today and when I came back out to the car there was an Accord and a 93 parked at either side of me.
    The Saab had a lovely metallic black with cream leather and the Accord was black with black leather.
    Both were very nice looking cars.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-volvo-s80-d5-sport-winter-pac/7567771

What are peoples opinions on this? Now, let me be the first to say that I'm quite surprised that it is being sold by a dealer from the way the ad has been written.
    If it checks out though then it's a lot of car for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-volvo-s80-d5-sport-winter-pac/7567771

What are peoples opinions on this? Now, let me be the first to say that I'm quite surprised that it is being sold by a dealer from the way the ad has been written.
    If it checks out though then it's a lot of car for the money.

I did a Google search on Prestige Autos and a very interesting link came up on the first page which set some alarm bells ringing. While it didn't mention Prestige Autos, it prompted me to have a look at the Prestige Autos website and the alarm bells kept ringing......

http://prestigeautos.skuup.com/

You mean this place? The website isn't much to look at tbh but it wouldn't be my basis for refusing to see a car.

http://prestigeautos.skuup.com/

You mean this place? The website isn't much to look at tbh but it wouldn't be my basis for refusing to see a car.

Yes.

However, an interesting link came up on the first page of my Google search, which, as I said, set alarm bells ringing.

Don't want to post the link or say any more but if it was me I would be wary.

• Advertisement

Could you PM me the link please?

Could you PM me the link please?

PM sent

May as well finally update this thread and put it to rest :)
    In the end (sorry Toasted) I went for the Accord Tourer diesel.
    First impressions:
    The inside is huge and I've got the Executive spec so it's fully loaded with Satnav/sunroof etc. (Don't know what else the Exec spec had :P).
    Fuel economy seems very good, did over 300km on the first day and the needle barely moved.
    All the electrics work perfectly and the engine pulls quite nicely.
    I love the electric boot and I'm thinking of ingenious ways to open it James Bond style in car parks :D
    The rear I'm still not fully gone on but I really like the front of it.
    It has factory fitted tint (I think) at the rear which I'm impressed by as from the outside it is quite hard to see in but when you're inside you can see out no bother at all.
    I found the turning circle very very good which is surprising for such a big car.
    The auto wipers work a treat if maybe too optimistic - had light drizzle when I was driving back and they couldn't decide between as quick as possible or medium.
    I think the sound from the radio isn't fantastic, I had the bass turned up to max and it was ok at best. Surprising really as "Premium Surround Sound" is written both at the rear of the car and at the front.
    I'm still scared that the engine will give me the chain problem at some stage and I've been told to use only Honda fuel filters as anything else has been known to cause problems.
    Thanks to all for the advise given :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Nice, you don't see too many tourers.

Any chance of some pics of her?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Nice, you don't see too many tourers.

Any chance of some pics of her?

Yeah I was meaning to put some up on Saturday after I got home but one thing led to another and I ended up in the pub :pac:
    I'll get some shots on Saturday and post them up here and on the car picture thread :)
    Yeah I know, there are just 3 for sale on DD (the 7th gen one anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Best of luck with it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement