Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 318 Windscreen wipers not working

Options
  • 07-09-2014 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hello all, the windscreen wipers on my bmw have stopped working. When I turn them on they don't move, there is a small whirring noise but nothing else happens. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The noise indicates the motor works. Could be the linkage, lift bonnet and check the linkage is not come loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Will have a look at this later, although I don't know what the linkage looks like!

The wipers still move if I manually move them myself, would this indicate anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, wipers moving by hand means the linkage is not connected properly.
    It's usually an easy fix you can do yourself, or if you feel uncertain a mech should be able to fix it cheap.

Advertisement