Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Me The Horizon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Yeah, Sempiternal is a class album. Listened to their older stuff after hearing it and it only put into perspective what a leap forward they have taken.

Also, that's my first time seeing them and they look WAY different than I expected.

New song sounds good too. Here's hoping for an Irish leg of the tour

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

To put it bluntly, I hate the band, and I hate Sykes. I've never been a fan of deathcore in general though.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭idontlikefig

Hopefully we will see em here. I don't like the old stuff at all but Sempriternal is class. I don't think the new album (that's the spirit) will top it, although it'll be a good effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

They're good fun - first time I seen them was supporting BFMV in Belfast, very energetic bouncing about on stage.
    Sempiternal is a fantastic album.

I was at the Wembley Arena show, my friend is a HUGE fan and it was quite an impressive show. We were sitting, so got the full visual experience, I suppose you could say.

Oli seems to be very artistic with music, clothes and poetry... good facial structure too :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Angron wrote: »
    To put it bluntly, I hate the band, and I hate Sykes. I've never been a fan of deathcore in general though.

Fair enough but they're a far cry from Deathcore now!

• Advertisement

Also the new song.

Liking the way the album is shaping up but they have some work to beat Sempiternal.

Mad how different they are now from when they started.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Risteard wrote: »
    Also the new song.

Liking the way the album is shaping up but they have some work to beat Sempiternal.

Mad how different they are now from when they started.

Agreed , Prob helps with Ollie getting sober . Up until hearing Sempiternal i hated everything about them but that has changed since and the live shows look deadly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Risteard wrote: »
    Fair enough but they're a far cry from Deathcore now!

Well they were back when I first heard of them, fair enough if they've changed. They can be whatever they like now once it stops Sykes saying Napalm Death aren't really grindcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

That's The Spirit is fantastic, listened through it a few times, too early to say whether its better than Sempiternal but very different to it at the same time.

Hoping the announce an Irish show on the tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 dman93

Not really a fan I think most death core sounds the same apart from maybe a few bands, but I don't like the music or those weird little kids who like it to be edgy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Loved the health and safety warning before it!

God, I wish they'd come to Ireland..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

Just noticed Sykes is wearing a Babymetal shirt at Leeds. That's pretty awesome

I had a look at their tour scheduled and although they have plenty of UK and Europe shows planned, They have nothing in Dublin.

I'm thinking of maybe going to the London show in Nov 28th. Not 100% on that yet.

I can see us getting a show next year , either between the festival slots or just before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

Sykes Instagram at Leeds Fest explains his onstage attire.
    b7d5a1e6315e66b02d75754d7f6f0a8b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

hadn't listened to them in ages before today, I have been a fan of there's since around 2010, i'd prefer there is a hell to there new album but it's still a decent album. hopefully we get an Irish show

Just announced a Halloween date with support from Enter Shikari in London.

That's going to be an unbelievable gig.

Advertisement