Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahab - The Boats of the "Glen Carrig"

Options
  • 01-07-2015 8:46pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I know we have a decent few fans here on boards, dunno if many of you realised but the German doom band Ahab are getting ready to release a new album :D Like their earliest stuff was based on the Moby Dick books by Melville, this one looks set to be based on another (somewhat) nautical novel, The Boats of the "Glen Carrig".

11018629_10153145354328451_2108417878786570079_n.jpg?oh=08753613eb260981d4d675c9df557e89&oe=56174FA1

Teaser for a music video here:

Album itself drops 28th of August this year.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thoroughly looking forward to this. Really high expectation considering their output so far, especially with The Giant being particularly good.

Will have to give The Boats of the "Glen Carrig" a read at some point as well ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm still hoping that some day Ahab will come here to do a show. I dunno what the fanbase would be like here though, so I dunno just how likely it is.

Yeah I'm not hopeful of them coming this way tbh. Best bet would be heading to the UK to see them I reckon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it kinda feels like that's how I'd have to go about it. It's a shame, but to be completely honest I could easily see myself doing it. Did it once to go see Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus together!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Really looking forward to hearing the album. That teaser sounds quite different in sound to their other releases.

Would love to see them live as well, but yeah I wouldn't be holding out hope of them coming over here for a gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Somnus wrote: »
    Really looking forward to hearing the album. That teaser sounds quite different in sound to their other releases.

Kind of a post-metal sound off that clip. I know it is just a short clip though, but I'm very interested in what direction they are going to take on this album.

Just reading on Wiki about the book the album is based on and it appears that it is out of copyright and is available for download here:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10542

Bit of a track by track preview of the album, with descriptions and such by the band members. In German, but it's subtitled.

Really like the sound of those clips

That is sounding solid as usual. Looking forward to hearing the album all the way through

Music video for one of the new songs, Like Red Foam (The Great Storm).

Just giving it my first listen there, I'm really liking it so far.

• Advertisement

Definitely a bit different to their previous stuff. Even that video is not really visually a style I'd associate with them. Still enjoyed it though, and I expect the album will be strong going by the preview video.

Yeah, I found the video a bit strange to watch too, didn't really know what to make of it.

That is a truly perplexing video.

Like the song though, boding well for the album.

Look what arrived in the post for me today
    CNgwD3HXAAANjUN.jpg

:D

Just listened to it there, really liked it, a great album.

Finally got around to listening to the album. Have it on repeat in work right now.

Have to say, it is immense. Definitely a lot heavier than The Giant, but with that albums softer side in the clean sections.
    It's still early for me, but I'd say I'll be coming back to it a lot over the next few months. Think it's a bit more engaging than the Giant

Up there with album of the year for me. Ahab going from strength to strength.

Advertisement