Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye Bye Contrary Mary

• 26-02-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Delighted about Mary Coughlan getting her p45, not before time either. I think she might come down to the real world with a bit of a bang now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

The highlight of a great day for our nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Unfortunately another contrary Mary Hanafin got in though. I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭puheen

Glad shes gone. Of them all she was one that really drove me mad, shes just an ignorant pig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

sooooooo happy Mary Hanafin got in and that Coughlan didnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

Poor Mary O'Rourke! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

Hanafins mother will be praying she gets in anyway, she'll miss all her free trips around the world! Coughlan is a foul mouthed waste of space

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Not a good day if you're Mary.

Mary Coughlan gone, Mary O' Rourke, gone, Mary Hanafin, gone and Mary White (I think), gone.

Goodbye one and all. Mary O'Rourke was mildly entertaining, the rest, I won't miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Delighted about Mary Coughlan getting her p45, not before time either. I think she might come down to the real world with a bit of a bang now

Even looking at her defending her loss on TV made me shout at the TV. Goodbye Mary!! Hope Thomas Pringle gets in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Hanafin isn't in. Full recount in Dun Laoghaire at 10:30 tomorrow as demanded by Labour.

Hanafin isn't in. Full recount in Dun Laoghaire at 10:30 tomorrow as demanded by Labour.

good chance w'ell see the end of her too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Anonymous1987

What actually happens with a recount? Are all votes shuffled and recounted or are the original allocations recounted. You could get some pretty different results if the former I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Even looking at her defending her loss on TV made me shout at the TV. Goodbye Mary!! Hope Thomas Pringle gets in

When was that on, missed it. As for Pringle, he cant lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

What actually happens with a recount? Are all votes shuffled and recounted or are the original allocations recounted. You could get some pretty different results if the former I imagine.

A full recount as I understand starts from where the error occurred. I think in this instance in DL they are starting from the very beginning.
    Recounts
    The returning officer can decide at any time to re-examine and recount all or any of the
    ballot papers and change results already announced.
    Candidates can request a re-examination and recount of any particular count after it is
    completed. A recount of this nature involves examining all papers relevant to that
    count and moving papers to correct any errors.
    Candidates can also, before the result is formally declared, request a total recount of all
    votes. This involves re-examining and recounting all parcels of ballot papers as they
    stand when the recount is called for. If a significant error is found (i.e. one which is
    likely to change who is elected), then all the ballot papers must be counted afresh from
    the point at which the error occurred.

irish-stew wrote: »
    When was that on, missed it. As for Pringle, he cant lose.

I was flicking between Rte and TG4 so not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Good riddance to the big ignorant thick but arrogant cow. If anything she epitomizes how bad FF were and the damage she probably done in her portfolios is in calculable. Delighted :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

AndyP wrote: »
    The highlight of a great day for our nation.

Am soooooooooooooo delighted she lost her seat - cannot stand her!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

Pringle just been confirmed, once you pop you can't stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

UpCork wrote: »
    Not a good day if you're Mary.

Mary Coughlan gone, Mary O' Rourke, gone, Mary Hanafin, gone and Mary White (I think), gone.

Goodbye one and all. Mary O'Rourke was mildly entertaining, the rest, I won't miss.

I'm absolutely delighted that both Mary Coughlan and Mary Hanifan are gone. I don't care much either way re Mary White. Mary O'Rourke was a hard working and genuine politician, but is well due for retirement.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Good riddance to the big ignorant thick but arrogant cow. If anything she epitomizes how bad FF were and the damage she probably done in her portfolios is in calculable. Delighted :):)

I agree its good she is gone, but I don't agree with calling her a cow.
    She was useless at her job but at home I am sure she is a very nice woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Bye bye calamity!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

All of these Mary's gone in a day.

My God it's like a hollywood horror movie.

I bet Mary McAleese is locking the doors now.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

TheUsual wrote: »
    All of these Mary's gone in a day.

My God it's like a hollywood horror movie.

I bet Mary McAleese is locking the doors now.

all's not lost for the Mary's... didnt brendan howlin get re-elected?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Result! I put twenty euro on Pringle at 8/5 on Tuesday morning after reading an article in the Examiner about Coughlan getting a terrible reception on the doorsteps.

The fact that I detested her for being incompetent, arrogant and always playing the Donegal/sexist card when facing criticism makes this all the sweeter!

I also love the fact that she polled less than her running mate.

Good Riddance!

Who the hell is Pringle? Surely that's not his real name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Cheetara wrote: »
    Am soooooooooooooo delighted she lost her seat - cannot stand her!!!

DING DONG the Witch is Gone :D

Best moment of the day , she was a foul mouthed arrogant TD

Hanafin's out! woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Ah poor Mary Coughlan, God help her. What'll she do now that she has lost her seat? A FÁS course perhaps?
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Delighted Coughlan is gone but feel bad for Hanafin. Always liked her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

As the bint herself might say, 'it doesn't take a Darwin to recognise an incompetent @&**! &£"**^&!! waste of space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Daegerty wrote: »
    Who the hell is Pringle? Surely that's not his real name

Thomas Pringle. Donegal SW independent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

As Charles Einstein would say, it's survival of the fittest electrons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Jay Walker

Goodbye Mary you arrogant bitch!

Really proud of the people of Donegal SW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

So will she just go back to her former career fvcking up whatever that was, the same way as she fvcked up every portfolio she was handed in the past few years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Nice job you did Mary on your your trip to the USA in persuading Dell not to pull out of Limerick - I'd say they are still laughing in the Dell boardroom when they saw yourself and 'little willie' O'Dea walk in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

goodbye ya cnut - that is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Whats poor Mary Hanafin going to do now that her teaching position is gone? The sight of her on the dole Q delights me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Can you imagine this woman was given responsibility to speak to Michael Dell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Can you imagine this woman was given responsibility to speak to Michael Dell.
    And to think that young arrogant ignorant Mary, Biffo's sidekick at the drinkin' sessions, is paid practically as much by the Irish government taxpayer i.e you and me , as the President of the USA is paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

This clearly does not meet the standard required of Politics threads. Locked.

Those who have called Mary Coughlan things like a "cnut", an "arrogant bitch", a "bint" and so on should be advised firstly that posters are expected to be civil on this forum, and that that civility extends to non-forum members, and secondly that a standard of contribution is expected here, and merely dismissing a politician with an insult does not meet that standard.

/mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement