Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Night's TV Viewing

Options
  • 25-12-2015 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭

So some on, let's have it. What are we all watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

World at War, Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When I had the basic 6 channels back in the 80's there was always something decent on Christmas day, today having many multiples of that there's feck all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Its not Christmas till they show Kellys Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

Mrs Brown's boys D'movie is the only prime time movie on RTÉ. Why? We have enough of that crap during the year and even had some special on for Xmas eve.
    Throw on a classic FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Badabing wrote: »
    World at War, Yesterday

I've been recording it, I have reached Barbarossa so plenty of seasonal delights still to come! :p

There is really nowt on worth the candle, a standard Friday night would be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

darkdubh wrote: »
    Its not Christmas till they show Kellys Heroes.

That was on last Saturday! Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 71,862 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Nothing like a Chas 'N' Dave knees-up on Channel 5 to get you in the festive mood!

GERTCHA! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Ads on RTE? Is that a first for Christmas day!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Couldn't help but laugh at either TV3 or 3e's prime-time movies over the last two nights: Miss Congeniality and Mercury Rising!

Christ, they're not even trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭leakyboots

When I had the basic 6 channels back in the 80's there was always something decent on Christmas day, today having many multiples of that there's feck all.

It really struck me this year that the Xmas schedule across all the channels was atrocious - I don't watch a lot of TV, if any, and there was nathin' for the past 4 days to make me want to sit down and watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

you were lucky we had the basic two channels (rte1 & 2)

but the thing is you had to put up with what was on, nowadays you spend half the time flicking through channels and end up watching nothing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

technocrat wrote:
    Ads on RTE? Is that a first for Christmas day!

They have been doing this for a few years now but only for an hour or two In the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

leakyboots wrote: »
    It really struck me this year that the Xmas schedule across all the channels was atrocious - I don't watch a lot of TV, if any, and there was nathin' for the past 4 days to make me want to sit down and watch

We have Irish channels plus fta. I failed to find a decent film most nights :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That Mrs Brown's boys film was rubbish IMO. Thank god for good old del boy and his gang for real laughs

Advertisement