Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its the little things...

• 04-10-2015 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

What little things annoy(ed) you about being in the closet?
    Just today I met a guy at work who goes to the other school in the area. We know of each other so we talked for a while. After work I met one of my friends and she asked the usual question - "Did you meet anyone during your shift?"
    For the life of me I couldn't think of his name! All I wanted to say was "That hot lad in X school on the hurling team" but all that came out was "Erm you know your man on their hurling team, hes friends with X, he went to that party..."

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Not being honest with my friends. To me that was a huge deal and caused me a lot of unnecessary stress.

At the time I couldn't have cared less about what my parents or siblings thought of me if they ever found out but the thought of my closest friends rejecting me was more than I could have handled at the time and it made me feel very isolated and alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It still annoys me to this day that I didn't get the chance to have my teenaged crushes outside my own head. You know, when your friends all get together and talk about who they fancy. I was always just stuck there like a lump trying to think of a name from the rugby team when all I could think about was that hot hockey player in 5th year...

It annoyed me that I had to lie to my parents, and that I did it for so long when there was literally no need. They were completely fine about it.

And it annoys me that I didn't get much of a chance to go off and try and kiss loads of girls when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I love my GF who I've been with for years, but she's the only woman I ever even kissed. I was too afraid to put myself out there when I was a teenager, too scared of what might happen. I never really understood why my parents told us to go out with loads of people, and see who fits, rather than stay with the first person you really like. I kind of understand it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

It still annoys me to this day that I didn't get the chance to have my teenaged crushes outside my own head. You know, when your friends all get together and talk about who they fancy. I was always just stuck there like a lump trying to think of a name from the rugby team when all I could think about was that hot hockey player in 5th year...

It annoyed me that I had to lie to my parents, and that I did it for so long when there was literally no need. They were completely fine about it.

And it annoys me that I didn't get much of a chance to go off and try and kiss loads of girls when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I love my GF who I've been with for years, but she's the only woman I ever even kissed. I was too afraid to put myself out there when I was a teenager, too scared of what might happen. I never really understood why my parents told us to go out with loads of people, and see who fits, rather than stay with the first person you really like. I kind of understand it now.

I think a lot of LGBT folk would feel like that. I wish I became more comfortable in my sexuality earlier than 21 and was a bit more out there than I was. But I guess I had other issues in my life and was not ready. In the past 4 years of being an openly gay man, it has been an interesting journey and I have 'embraced' it in my own way ;). But I wish I could date a bit more and try out a relationship. But I'm 24 and I still have plenty of time for that, I guess

Advertisement