Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books/films about cycling

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭vermin99

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Just finished "Between the Lines" - Victoria Pendleton's book. There's a fair amount of schkelps thrown at Shane Sutton and Dave Brailsford in it, and a fair amount of mawkishness about "the man I love" (Scott), but I came away thinking that the poor girl was just chasing approval all her life. A decent holiday read.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Resurrecting this thread as I'm looking for new material to watch.

I just watched the filling myself and looking for more.

Clean Spirit - follows the Argos/Shimano team in 2013 season

Pantani - accidental death of a cyclist

Stop at Nothing - Lance Armstrong story.

BTW all three are on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Is Clean Spirit worth watching?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

furiousox wrote: »
    Is Clean Spirit worth watching?

Yeah it's actually quite good. It centres mainly on Kittel and Veelers but I'm a fan of Kittel so I liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 kev1986

Chasing legends is a great one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Just watched - Clean Spirit on Netflix it's a very well made film , great open and frank behind the scenes access.

With Kittel's HAIR being the main star of the film.:D

I do hope Marcel gets his health & forum back in time before TDF 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Watched Clean Spirit there as well. Great show! I love those behind the scenes type shows. Marcel is an animal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Just picked up a secondhand copy of 'the secret race' by Tyler Hamilton in the sextet book and record store in Dublin. Price reduced from €2 to €1. The guy behind the desk took a look at it and handed to me. 'Just take it'.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    Watched Clean Spirit there as well. Great show! I love those behind the scenes type shows. Marcel is an animal.

Good watching alright- really interesting to see the 'orica-greenedge bus stuck under finishing line' incident from a team car point of view - pure chaos :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭YeahOK

Watched 100% Chris Froome on Sky Sports last night. Interesting, but, God, he'd bore you to tears.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

the Col Collective on youtube, good viewing of some of the big climbs to kill every few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... the sextet book and record store in Dublin. Price reduced from €2 to €1. The guy behind the desk took a look at it and handed to me. 'Just take it'.
    The Secret Bookshop? (Wicklow Street). You must have visited when the "stand-in" was in charge. He doesn't seem to give a toss about the business! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, my phone did a bit of an autocorrect on that. or maybe just fat fingers from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

Life cycles is great, can't post links yet so lifecyclesfilm .com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

+1 for Clean Spirit, well worth a look.
    Kittel seems pretty sound.
    Funny watching them plotting to wind Cavendish up before the final stage. :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Breaking Away is being shown in Phoenix Park in Thursday evening as part of bike week.

Advertisement