Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Online. What are they like dealing with problems?

Options
  • 31-07-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭

I tested out Tesco Online last night to see what it is like.

Ordered approx €100 worth of goods, then I applied the €10-off eCoupon they give first-timers, and the total due was approx €90.

When I went to pay the "Verified by Visa" screen showed the total amount due as €100 still, so it seems the eCoupon wasn't being transferred to the payment screen.

I didn't proceed with the payment because of this and emailed their customer support yesterday.

As of 4.30pm today I still haven't received a reply, so I'm hesitant to try them out if they never respond to queries.

Are they generally like this, and to be avoided?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

It is a bit confusing.
    The total shown is always before discounts are taken off. I checked this on my bill today. The total was 64 odd euros in the box but the final bill was only 61 odd euros and this is what was deducted from my account.
    I dont think you need worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yeah they got through to me eventually (seemed they were overloaded with emails).

Basically the VISA Verification amount is just a confirmation that you will allow "up to" that amount to be taken.

But the actual amount charged is calculated on the delivery day (in case some items returned I imagine).. and that's when they apply the coupons.

Advertisement