Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

After two weeks of online, with three weeks to go :

A2/A3 is passing 50% of capacity, A4 is at 40%,

A1 is getting up to 50% of last years figure.

The ladies race is selling now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

On holidays here and had a bit of a look at the quays, there will be a bit of work marking out a course as there are a lot of "features" on it. Did see cyclists on it though.

Very short and I suspect the TT will be more about bike handling than aerodynamics. Like the country mile in the visit nenagh classic I reckon you'll either love it or hate it.

After much discussion and deliberation, Stage 2 will now change to become the Hill Time Trial of 3.6 km, the same as Stage 2 from the 2013 Event.

Our motivation for 2014 was to bring the race to the town center while catering for three separate races, within the town.

The quayfront stage appeared to present a workable solution, however, with current outstanding issues, the decision is taken to switch to the 3.6 km Hill Climb, the same as stage 2 from 2013.

We feel this is the best decision for the 2014 two day, Stage 2 Time Trial.

Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day

Stage 1 Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day 2014

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5493526
    A1,A2,A3 Juniors, 3 laps: 111km
    A4, 2 Laps

Stage 2 Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day 2014.
    Hill Climb TT

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2805880
    3.6 km

Stage 3 Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day 2014
    A1,A2,A3, 1 lap

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5493514
    104 km

Stage 3 Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day 2014

Ladies, A4. Neutralised to the Maldron Rounabout.
    1 Lap. 78.5 km
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5499861

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sheepfield

So where do the women sign on? Do they have a near 20km roll out from Camross

Everyone sign on in Camaross and we roll the Ladies race and the Stage 3, A4's direct to the Maldron roundabout. A very handy warm up, before a downhill start , after the Maldron Roundabout.

Ladies Race and the Stage 3 A4 race, then completes in Camaross.

Camaross to the Maldron Direct is 12km.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Sign-on locations & times? Stage start times? Please

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Michael if you don't mind I'll still do the short flat TT on the quay and sure the rest of them can do the hilly one and if I'm faster we can argue over it on the day .

surripere wrote: »

If I know Michael196 you won't need to ask those questions . As soon as he knows you'll be bombarded with the relevant information .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ah darn! Here was me thinking id a decent shot at stage 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

I was hoping that stage 2 route would make a reappearance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

fondriest wrote: »
    If I know Michael196 you won't need to ask those questions . As soon as he knows you'll be bombarded with the relevant information .

Ah ok, thanks man

surripere wrote: »

Location of Camaross Hall and the stage 2 Start location : Larkins Cross , have been updated to here :

http://www.wexfordwheelers.com/index.php/stafford-wholesale-wexford-two-day/

Scroll to the bottom.

Stage 1 Start time 11 am Camaross Hall
    Stage 2 Start time Larkins Cross: Saturday 5 pm
    Stage 3 Start Time 11 am Camaross Hall

fondriest wrote: »
    Michael if you don't mind I'll still do the short flat TT on the quay and sure the rest of them can do the hilly one and if I'm faster we can argue over it on the day .

If you complete the hill TT anytime yourself between now and the due date, just drop me a line and let me know the time...... no bother......

18 lads did it last Tuesday night inbetween the thunder and lightening..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Bambaata wrote: »
    Ah darn! Here was me thinking id a decent shot at stage 2!

Just put the biscuits and ice cream down for 2 weeks and you will be fine.

Just put the biscuits and ice cream down for 2 weeks and you will be fine.

This is easier said than done! Im hopeless!! Its funny, all day at work i'm subjected to crap food. Already today there have been biscuits, muffins, danishes, chocolate and other bits and i easily avoid. Come home time and after dinner and my strength to avoid crap just crumbles and i cant help myself! :(

This is easier said than done! Im hopeless!! Its funny, all day at work i'm subjected to crap food. Already today there have been biscuits, muffins, danishes, chocolate and other bits and i easily avoid. Come home time and after dinner and my strength to avoid crap just crumbles and i cant help myself! :(
    That doesn't sound like crap food . YUMMY !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Guitar brain666

I entered this race on the basic that there was a separate race for A2/3. Now I hear that A1 are included with 2&3.
    Is this true, as my club mates are reluctant to pay €50 to have their asses handed to them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

I entered this race on the basic that there was a separate race for A2/3. Now I hear that A1 are included with 2&3.
    Is this true, as my club mates are reluctant to pay €50 to have their asses handed to them!!!

It was advertised as a2/a3 so would assume the organisers will stand by this, but then again it was advertised as a flat 2km quay time trial and this has since changed. I'd hold fire, depending how the wind is blowing this could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭royrogers

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    It was advertised as a2/a3 so would assume the organisers will stand by this, but then again it was advertised as a flat 2km quay time trial and this has since changed. I'd hold fire, depending how the wind is blowing this could change.

A bit harsh there Arthurdaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

royrogers wrote: »
    A bit harsh there Arthurdaly.

I know everyone is trying their best, just hope the race is as advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Ha? Is there any clarification on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭LCD

Haven't heard this anywhere. Seems A1 race only had 15 in it last year, can't imagine those numbers will attract many to enter it this year so can see why organiser would do it. Rás Mumhan & Suir Valley are 1s, 2s & 3s

Presume ye are aware of this from FB:
    NEW RACE FORMAT ANNOUNCED FOR WEXFORD 2 DAY.
    Due to demand the format for the Wexford 2 Day has changed from an A1 only to an A1/A2 combined race and a separate A3 race. A4 race and Ladies remain as planned. We expect this measure will increase the field size in the A1/A2 race and encourage the participation of some of the best riders in the country. With a limit of 100 riders per race we took the decision to run a separate A3 race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Presume ye are aware of this fro FB:
    Due to demand the format for the Wexford 2 Day has changed from an A1 only to an A1/A2 combined race
    Yes. I'm sure the A2's where calling at all hours of the night to have yet another race against the A1s

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Yes. I'm sure the A2's where calling at all hours of the night to have yet another race against the A1s

Can we add the Juniors to the A1/2 race and then its sorted! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

Lack of A1's and lack of demand. Let the A2's have their own race and gain some points and maybe even some upgrades.
    This will increase numbers in A1 and could possibly lead to sustainable fields and stand alone A1 races.

Leave the A1's off the entry list if they cannot muster the necessary numbers. No promoter could be expected to run races with fields of 20-25 riders. The organisational effort is huge for a stage race and catering for a disinterested category is probably a step too far. Where are all the February heroes?
    Not much point in using the A2's as fodder for a handful of A1 racers who bother to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I wonder how many races in the past two months, have been won by an A2 rider? Two months racing must be what, 6 races a week, 10 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

I wonder how many races in the past two months, have been won by an A2 rider? Two months racing must be what, 6 races a week, 10 weeks?

Exactly!

Two months of racing with A2 only races. First 8 or 10 places earning points, depending on race distance.
    That would lead to a reasonable number of upgrades and an influx of new blood to an obviously tired and depleted A1 category.
    A1 could then compete together without having to rely on the monetary input of the downtrodden A2 bunch.

Everyone could then race at a level where they feel that they have a chance of being competitive or making a break and can believe that they are capable of picking up an odd pot. This helps to keep everyone interested and should be a positive for the sport.

It could be a headache for race organisers with an extra event on the road but I think most promotors would be happy to work with the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

wait wait wait, does this mean the A2s are no longer racing against the Juniors?

phew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

ragazzo wrote: »
    Exactly!

Two months of racing with A2 only races. First 8 or 10 places earning points, depending on race distance.
    That would lead to a reasonable number of upgrades and an influx of new blood to an obviously tired and depleted A1 category.
    A1 could then compete together without having to rely on the monetary input of the downtrodden A2 bunch.

Everyone could then race at a level where they feel that they have a chance of being competitive or making a break and can believe that they are capable of picking up an odd pot. This helps to keep everyone interested and should be a positive for the sport.

It could be a headache for race organisers with an extra event on the road but I think most promotors would be happy to work with the situation.

And is lumping the A2's in with the A3 riders not just depriving the latter category of the points ?

A2 only races ? If you were to try this I'm sure there would be plenty of points and prizes for everybody in the audience as the bunch would be so small! As an A2 myself I'd be just fine with that however, in reality the relatively small numbers of active A1 and A2 riders racing means that combining them is the only way of getting numbers for a "proper race" ie. 50 riders minimum.
    I say this because nobody likes riding in a a bunch with only a few dozen riders. Take for example last weekend in the main event in Fermoy where barely 20 riders took to the line.

I do agree though that there is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed regarding lumping A2's in with A1's constantly.I think there should be a separate points classification for A2 riders in these combined events at least to keep riders moving along the categories.

Advertisement