Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Canadian visa 2013

Options
  • 31-01-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I applied for the IEC online 2 days ago and it is still saying pending for proof of payment and processing fee even though I have paid it but from an Australian bank account. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and also does anybody know when you have to provide a police cert??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rojito1

I'm in the exact same boat! Paid and sent confirmation two days ago and it's still pending...another thing that's worrying me is that it's unclear during the second phase of the process whether you need to A: Validate, print the application form, sign it, scan it and upload it or B: simply validate and upload it...seems absurd to me to not sign it.
    You need a police report if you have been living in a different country for 6 months or more, which also applies to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Uggs123

Same as! I need to get a police cert from oz. I have got an irish one, do you know when they ask for them?? It must just mean that it takes a while for the payment to clear.

Hopefully that's all it means, they like to drag their heels!
    You need to upload the police report in the second stage of your application along with all the other documents that they ask for.
    Can't believe how fast the visas are disappearing, hopefully that's just the people who've paid and are also awaiting confirmation.

I know it's mad! Lets just hope they get through ok :) When you say the second part of the application process do you mean the CIC part??

Yeah sorry, the CIC part- that's where you upload the police report, the letter of acceptance is the only thing that I'm missing. Not much more to do really other than wait...what did you do for IMM1295E form, did you print and sign it or did you just validate and upload it minus the signature?

• Advertisement

Sorry what form is that? I didn't sign anything and it didn't advise me to.

It's the visa application form. At the end of the form there's a space for your signature

No I didn't..I wonder has anybody else done this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moved from defunct US/ Canada Travel. forum to Canada forum ****

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

Uggs123 wrote: »
    Hi, I applied for the IEC online 2 days ago and it is still saying pending for proof of payment and processing fee even though I have paid it but from an Australian bank account. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and also does anybody know when you have to provide a police cert??

My husbands is still pending and he paid it 2 days ago too. Wondering how much longer it will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IrishA

Just wondering with IEC applications does it matter what date you put down as enteringt he country?????

Cant believe how fast the visas have been snapped up

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WallyBear

Rojito1 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry, the CIC part- that's where you upload the police report, the letter of acceptance is the only thing that I'm missing. Not much more to do really other than wait...what did you do for IMM1295E form, did you print and sign it or did you just validate and upload it minus the signature?

Hi Rojito. I'm trying to upload my IMM1295E form but I've a problem with it. This year applicants from Ireland are issued an open work permit for Canada and that's what I chose on the IMM form under "Details of intended work" but I get an error message saying "this doesn't match the result you selected in the questionnaire".

The questionnaire only gives me the working holiday option yet I have to get an open work permit. Did you experience the same issue or not? Or have you any insights?

Thanks

Believe me it's not at all. This is such a complicated process. Use this link and choose "GC Key" Login button. That's where you enter your CIC username and password.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bay

WallyBear! I'v had the same issue with uploading documents on the MyCIC site, it says they dont match, I really don't think I filled anything in wrong.

Other times I try to attach documents I also get an error message on the screen and also another screen that says that the site is down and they are experiencing technical difficulties, it's been like this the last few days,every time I try to upload stuff.

I have tried to find a number or an email address to email them about it but nothing to be found, I raised the issue on twitter and still no response, not sure what to do. its the final phase and I just wana get it down with, have you had any progress?

For anyone wondering about signing documents in the MyCIC section, you dont print them out and sign them.

It states on the site that if you are applying online you don NOT need to sign them, they will ask for a signature later. You do validate them, I wasn't sure what the validate button did, but it actually adds these barcodes to the end of the form, so I pressume they need those.

So when you've completed it, validate it and save off as a PDF document. Upload that.

Yes Bay, I was able to get mine sent through eventually. Here's how I sorted my issue anyway.

My issue was I had only the "Working Holiday Visa" option at the end of the Come to Canada wizard questionnaire to choose from so obviously I picked that option.

Then when I got to the IMM1295 form I chose "Open Work Permit" in the Details of Intended work section as this is what I was led to believe would be the type of visa Irish citizens received this year. Turns out this is correct but we still definitely have to choose "Working Holiday Visa" in the application forms and then write "Not applicable" in the empty text boxes that need to be filled in the Details of Intended Work section.

This sorted my problem and I was able to send all the forms away. I got help from this website but can't find the specific forum I was in.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Oh and I experienced all the same error messages you've mentioned but I was putting them down to the heavy load on the site. Very frustrating problem all the same though.

WallyBear that worked perfectly! thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sara Farrelly

Regarding the payment you have to go to AIB to pay into there account. Then you get proof of payment. I got mine in two days. Regarding the police cert you upload this in the next process in the CIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LilyannD

Anybody finished stage two? I've completed my application but I still haven't gotten the message back to say that it's gone through. Is there any way to contact CIC to make sure it's gone through?

Yes I have completed stage two and received my Letter of Introduction as a PDF. I'm Canada bound!!

It took 16 days after I got a MyCIC message saying we have received your application for confirmation of my visa to come through. I helped a friend apply through CIC and have another two who used Visa First and all of our processing times varied by weeks. It will come through eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

ok i know this sounds ridiculous but where does it say 2 year visa on the iec page?

im planning on going over for work so its the 2 year visa correct? i applied for the working holiday visa 2 years ago and got it.I was planning on going for the summer work then just come back but i broke my ankle and couldnt go.

is the working holiday visa the same as the 2 year? IS THERE ANY LEFT?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

alexsmith wrote: »
    ok i know this sounds ridiculous but where does it say 2 year visa on the iec page?

im planning on going over for work so its the 2 year visa correct? i applied for the working holiday visa 2 years ago and got it.I was planning on going for the summer work then just come back but i broke my ankle and couldnt go.

is the working holiday visa the same as the 2 year? IS THERE ANY LEFT?

irish iec visas all gone for a while now.

are they issuing more?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

alexsmith wrote: »
    are they issuing more?

I wouldn't say so, sorry.

If you have a british passport you can look into applying for theirs, the uk visas that opened today are gone, i think they will open the final round in a week or so.

• Advertisement

as in,until next year? 2014 would you say?

Advertisement