Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City

Options
  • 31-07-2014 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

7 months ago i bought a tv in power city and just a week and a half ago it made a little sound like a fuse blowing and that was it the tv packed in.

Rang power city waited for the call back they said drop it in and if its not serious they will fix it for me if its a serious issue they will replace it.

So i left it in and they took sent it back to the factory possibly,she said 7 to 10 days max but its usually quicker and that it was going out that day.

Rang Power city today waited for the call back i explained to the guy he said he would ring about it call me back,calls me back said toshiba are waiting for a part to come in and he will let me know when its in,i said when he said he doesn't know but he will ring me when it comes in then it still has to be sent back from wherever in Dublin i assume it is right now.

So here i am going on 2 weeks now without a tv through no fault of my own that i paid 300 euro for 6 odd months ago,and im wondering does anyone know what my rights are here or what if anything can i do?any info greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Your rights are exactly what they are providing - to have it repaired on a permanent basis within a reasonable timeframe. I'd allow up to 3 weeks before looking for alternatives.

I reckon they have sent it to a local authorised repair centre as most of these items are made in China / Taiwan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Write a letter to the manager of the store outlining the issue and informing them they have a reasonable time to repair or replace the TV set. A reasonable timeframe is about 2 weeks from giving it to them to getting it back, the distributer or repair place not having parts in stock and not being able to source parts in a timely manner is not your concern! Inform them if they have no news of a resolution within a reasonable time you will seek redress through the small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You are entitled to have it repaired in a reasonable timeframe. For me, that would be about 10 working days, or 2 weeks. Anything that impacts on that is not your concern. As foggy_lad suggested, I think a written letter is in order.

Advertisement