Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Millinery Suppliers

• 22-04-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently taken this up but am struggling to continue the hobby on a larger scale due to the limited choice and high price of wholesale retailers within Ireland.

I have taken some time to use ebay, Amazon, google to try and source these with no luck. Does have anyone have any weblinks they could share?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

hiya I definitely think give Ebay.co.uk another go, some great crafting suppliers on there although I've never used it for Millinery Also try Etsy.com (maybe again stick to UK as its heavily biased in favour of the States but if you order stuff from there will be liable for customs charges..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I live in Waterford and also find it so hard, I got a lot of my supplies in Dublin until I found Brenda from www.sunflowertouchsupply.com she's actually based in Waterford so its so handy for me and much cheaper than anywhere else I've gotten stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Hi,

I have recently taken this up but am struggling to continue the hobby on a larger scale due to the limited choice and high price of wholesale retailers within Ireland.

I have taken some time to use ebay, Amazon, google to try and source these with no luck. Does have anyone have any weblinks they could share?

Thanks!

What precise supplies are you looking for, i.e. hat bodies, cellulose rayon ribbon, pins, hat blocks etc.? If you can specify here or PM me I know some decent haberdashers in Ireland and the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

If you are in Cork city - try Vibes and Scribes on Bridge street - they have Millinery supplies (not my area of interest so I can't be sure as to the range etc but they seem to have a lot)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ima_believer

*BUMP*

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck recently with finding a supplier? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 diyhats

Hi diyhats sells millinery supplies in Limerick

Advertisement